Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway Football Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

It has been confirmed that Galway FC will take on Dundalk at Fahy's Field on Tuesday night.

15 mins gone in Terryland. Still nil all.

Galway 0-1 Limerick, 16 mins gone.
    Limerick FC Twitter
    Superb move by Limerick involving a number of players and @gumsy1108 (Tracy) finishes coolly, 18 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Galway 0-1 Limerick, 16 mins gone.

Many limerick fans travail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What are the jerseys like?

Galway 0-1 Limerick FT

Match report on galwayfc.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Mars Bar wrote: »

Same away white shirts as Saturday.

Finished 1-0 Limerick.

Very different stuff from last Saturday v Sligo. Confident in the first 10 minutes with some nice play, but a lot of frustrating, simple ball passing going astray after that.

Missed a couple of sitters in front of goal too.

But it's still only their 2nd game together so plenty to learn yet from each other.

Was it just me or did anybody else notice how quiet Tommy Dunne was on the touchline?

The lads who played the first half wore the new white away jersey the last night against Sligo. Same jersey tonight I think, for the first half anyway.

Couple of shots of the kit from Sligo game.

12268248635_f1ac2011e8_b.jpg

12268334705_f47399f4cf_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Many limerick fans travail?

About twenty or twenty five scattered around the ground I'd say.

Dundalk friendly confirmed for Tuesday night at 7.45 on Mervue all-weather pitch.

• Advertisement

Tommy Dunne had the squad up in Johnstown House for a few days training camp. Should put them in good shape for the rest of pre-season.

Dundalk in Mervue on Tuesday night up next.

Early days, but with Tommy Dunne's organisation and a few lads who know where the goal is in the team, I think they could cause an upset on the opening night.

Galway FC v Dundalk at 7.45 tonight in Mervue. On the main pitch unless conditions are too bad, in which case the all-weather will be used.

Finished 2-1 to Galway.

Galway man Stephen O'Donnell put Dundalk one up early on. American striker Jake Keegan equalised early in the second half and former Dundalk forward Gary Shanahan tapped home a Marty Owens free for the winner at the death.

Tommy Dunne post-match reaction.

Sligo Rovers friendly confirmed.

Galway FC draw Mayo League in EA Sports Cup.

All from Galway FC website. Great work being done on media site by the lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

Good luck to Galway FC in the season ahead.

Bookies have Longford at even money.

Galway and Waterford generally around 5/1.

Shels and Rovers B around 8s or 9s. Harps about the same or maybe 10s.

Wouldn't pay too much attention to it yet though. Would have liked to have seen another experienced centre-half in the squad. Another good centre-mid too.

Some great signings in some positions. Hopefully they can spur the rest on and put a good campaign together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

I keep forgetting Longford didn't get promoted. There should be a good battle this year between Galway, Longford, Waterford and Shels. Finn Harps and Rovers B should be competitive. Probably the most competitive division since the Premier re-expanded to 12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

the use of tinternet has been rather good by the lookks of things. it's nice to be somewhat kept in the "loop" about whats going on.
    Well done Galway FC on that front.

4zY153t.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

I see they've announced on twitter that the away kit is coming soon. Did they launch or announce the home kit already or what or am I missing something. I'm not on twitter so can't respond or inquire. It's just it seems a bit odd well to me anyways to launch an away kit before the home kit.

TBP wrote: »
    I see they've announced on twitter that the away kit is coming soon. Did they launch or announce the home kit already or what or am I missing something. I'm not on twitter so can't respond or inquire. It's just it seems a bit odd well to me anyways to launch an away kit before the home kit.

Last thing I heard about the kit or merchandise is that it would be launched end of January.

Haven't heard or seen a thing since, bar the jersey they wore in the friendlies.

TBP wrote: »
    Col200sx wrote: »
    Last thing I heard about the kit or merchandise is that it would be launched end of January.

Haven't heard or seen a thing since, bar the jersey they wore in the friendlies.

I'm hearing that there are delays on the Macron end.

The one posted on twitter there today or yesterday (below) is the actual away kit.

BgxwMJqCMAAKYNt.jpg

The other kits they wore during pre-season were a mixture of Galway DL kits and a set that was done to tide them over until the proper gear came.

You have to give kit manufacturers very long notice, so that's probably the reason it's taking so long.

• Advertisement

I'll just stick to my old GUFC jersey for the mean time so :pac:

Galway FCs friendly v Athlone Town kick off time has been changed from 6-30pm to 7-45pm this Saturday in Eamonn Deacy Park.

The right move too as it was too close to the England v Ireland in 6 nations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I like that away jersey. I'll be well impressed if the home one is nicer again!

I like that away jersey. I'll be well impressed if the home one is nicer again!

Knowing who designed the home and (rumoured) 3rd kit, I would be very confident they will be good.

The away isn't a custom design, I recognise it as a Macron template. I think the other two will be though.

Live updates from the friendly away to Sligo that started at 7.30pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Not trolling but I just don't get the whole 'kit' thing.

So long as it's in your colours what difference does it make.

It's not a thing I'd buy* or wear anyway

(* I did buy a GUFC jersey when Elverys were getting rid of them for a fiver or something )

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

Not trolling but I just don't get the whole 'kit' thing.

Most football fans that would buy a jersey. Maybe not every year, but regularly enough. Not your thing, which is fair enough, I'd say most like to buy them and wear them at matches or even just out and about.

It matters if the jersey is pleasing to the eye, as people would be less inclined to wear it outside of at matches.

1-1 in Sligo atm. Shanahan smashed home a ball from Faherty to equalise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Poor quality recording

Seven Worlds will Collide

Poor quality recording

I found nothing wrong with it. Better quality than most interviews you hear on the radio conducted outside in the elements.

Galway FC v Athlone Town match preview.

Galway team sheet v Athlone.

7.45 kickoff. Live updates on that twitter account.

1-0 to Galway through Walsh on 70'.

82 mins gone.

FT: Galway FC 1-0 Athlone Town.

• Advertisement

Tidy performance there. They're gelling together well.

Good to see the passing it around on the floor and its working well. A bit more cutting edge up front and they'd be putting them away.

A few one-on-ones with the keeper and shot straight at him each time.

On another note, does anybody know what happened at start of the game? Ambulance reversed over by the clubhouse and someone removed on a stretcher. Heard a steward collapsed but unconfirmed.

Fingers crossed hes alright if so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Col200sx wrote: »
    On another note, does anybody know what happened at start of the game? Ambulance reversed over by the clubhouse and someone removed on a stretcher. Heard a steward collapsed but unconfirmed.

Fingers crossed hes alright if so.
    One of the stewards (Sam), banged his head upstairs against a metal plank of some sort when he was going to get his stewards jacket. A few minutes later he collapsed apparently. He was taken to hospital by ambulance and club officials went to visit him after. I heard he is okay, thankfully.

One of the stewards (Sam), banged his head upstairs against a metal plank of some sort when he was going to get his stewards jacket. A few minutes later he collapsed apparently. He was taken to hospital by ambulance and club officials went to visit him after. I heard he is okay, thankfully.

Great to hear he's ok. Thanks for that update.

Get well soon Sam : )

2 more friendlies this week, free admission to both games:

Galway FC v Mervue United, Thursday February 27th at Fahy's Field. KO 7.15pm.

Galway FC v UCD, Saturday March 1st at Drom. KO 3pm.

Seems Sky Sports still thinks SD Galway are "representing" Galway this season:confused:

Look at this weeks fixtures........

296841.jpg

Sky Sports, betting companies, stats sites etc often take years before they change or correct names of teams. Sporting Fingal were called Dublin City for half of their life on a number of sites.

The fact that Sky have even gotten the name of the division kind of right is a miracle in itself.

• Advertisement

Advertisement