Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for set of three fenter strat type pickups

Options
  • 11-01-2005 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

My son and I have just done up a fender strat copy for himself which now looks very much like the real thing; Spray job, machine heads, scratch board, buttons, the works. Only broblem is the pickups give off serious feedback which makes it almost imposible to go near any amp without making a huge racket.

A set of genuine fender pickups is going to set him back at least 250 euro and that would be second hand. He only works after school some days and at weekends so he can't really afford to pay that much. He's looking at paying in the region of 60 euro for a set of three, maybe a bit more for something worthwhile.

Anyone got a set of pickups to sell for a reasonable amount? They don't have to be the best now, just semi decent pickups with good quality sound and no feed back to fit a fender strat.

I'm in Dublin south so the closer the better!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

pu200-vintnoiseless-set.jpg

Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups, excellent upgrade to just about any Strat, $99/set

http://www.chrisguitars.com/

These are top quality pickups and that is an excellent price for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

Looks good..
    Will have a look at that..
    Thanks.

Advertisement