Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to stay in West Cork?

Options
  • 25-01-2015 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi, can anyone tell me of a good place to stay in West Cork for a week? We are a couple with a 3 year old and one on the way. I've heard of the usual places in West Cork but I've never spoken to anyone who stayed in any of them so just looking for some reviews.
    While I'm at it, I'm not tied to West Cork. so anywhere within a 3(ish) hour drive of Limerick is good with us. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

GHER wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone tell me of a good place to stay in West Cork for a week? We are a couple with a 3 year old and one on the way. I've heard of the usual places in West Cork but I've never spoken to anyone who stayed in any of them so just looking for some reviews.
    While I'm at it, I'm not tied to West Cork. so anywhere within a 3(ish) hour drive of Limerick is good with us. Thanks.

We stayed Saturday night in the Celtic Ross hotel in Rosscarberry. 99 for a family room including breakfast and access to leisure centre. Very enjoyable, staff lovely.
    Good base to explore west Cork. Seeing as it's a full week maybe self catering would be a better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Its in east cork but trabolgan would be a good option. We stayed there a few years back when our lad was 3 and my wife was about 6 months pregnant. It was ideal. Everything is walking distance from your house. Theres entertainment at night for the kids and the food is reasonably priced. Its not 5* dining but its not bad. if your wife wants a rest during the day theres plenty to keep youself and the kid occupied.
    Theres some stunning beaches a short drive away and youve also got middleton, cobh and fota about 20mins away. Youghal is probably 30mins away and also worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I'd second everything said above (seeing as I live in east Cork ;))
    Jungle gyms in Midleton and Carrigtwohill as well if you need a change and weather is bad. Only short trip in Cork city as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

GHER wrote: »

As mentioned above, Celtic Ross in Roscarbery is a lovely spot.

The Quality Hotel in Clonakilty is very popular with families; you can rent family rooms or houses. There is a nice pool, a very good indoor play area for smallies and the is a cinema on-site. Clonakilty is a good base; lovely beaches on your doorstep and it's a good base for visiting Cork city or further out into West Cork.

Advertisement