Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What film do you wish you had seen in the cinema?

Options
  • 22-01-2005 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

I've often skipped films that i thought wouldn't be 'great' when going to the cinema and then watched them when they came out on the video and thought WOW!!

one that springs to mind is Braveheart, there were countless times where i could have seen it in the cinema but i didn't go... i REALLY wish i had because it is just mind blowing and it probably would have been even better in the cinema :mad:

So what have you missed in the cinema?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

None, because the cinema (or more accurately, their clientele) ruins the experience entirely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

ah, i never EVER go to the cinema when it's busy and i really don't understand people who do.. there's nothin better then an empty cinema:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

D!ve^Bomb! wrote:
    ah, i never EVER go to the cinema when it's busy and i really don't understand people who do.. there's nothin better then an empty cinema:)
    I agree, it's great when you and anyone you're with are the only people at a film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I would concur, and I generally used to go on a tuesday, but even that got too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Not a big fan of the cinema, what with the price and other people and the having to go home after... But I'd put up with that for a select few films. Namely...

American History X
    Pulp Fiction
    Memento

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

saturday/sunday mornings/early afternoons are great for the cinema as long as you're not going to see a PG or 12's or somethin, cos then you'll get kids there.. anything else will be empty cos the 'adults' are generally to lazy to get up that early on their few days off:D.. i thankfully don't have this problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

Cinema Q's are too long at "Peak Times",UGC in particuar, or whatever you want to call them for me it's usually Friday or Tuesday afternoons.
    Anyway the Films I Missed in the cinema include

Memento
    Fight Club
    Lost In Translation
    Requiem for a Dream(say that was an experience)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Star wars the good ones.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

None, because the cinema (or more accurately, their clientele) ruins the experience entirely.

agrees 100%
    Went to see White Noise last week and 10 minutes from the end the projector packed in, i remained calm (unusual for me) and then the litte teeny twats at the back started playing that crazyfrog ringtone on there phones, need i say more
    Would of liked to have seen Fight Club in the cinema though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The Exorcist.

Like most people I did actually see it in cinemas in 98(?) (saw it years earlier on video) but I would have liked to have seen the kind of reaction it elicted from a cinema audience when it was released back in 1973.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I can't understand people who dont like going to the cinema (unless it's run, occupied and owned by skangers).

It's the best experience you can get watching a film. And I wished I watched Gladiator in the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

I missed Layer Cake when it came out. Should have gone to see it. Still haven't seen it just heard great things.

Going further back in time, maybe the Star Wars films when they first came out because I've never been able to get the whole fanboy thing with them. Then again, it's probably a good thing that I didn't get to see them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Would like to see 2001:A space odyssey again in the cinema..
    really thought this film make a huge difference in the cinema..
    one of the best cinema experiences of my life.. no exageration.
    id seen the film a good few times before going (on video) but it just wasnt the same..

and all of the other stanley kubrick films, (bar clockwork orange and eyes wide shut which i saw in the cinema) they were made to be watched in the cinema.

Oh and apocalypse now..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

LOTR: The two towers, Gladiator, Oceans 11...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Goodfellas
    The Big Lebowski

Definitely the two films I most regret not seeing in the cinema. Watching a brilliant film in a cinema with an appreciative audience is a ****ing brilliant experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Radiers of the Lost Ark (convinced people will still be watching this one in 100 years time).

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

wish I'd seen Braveheart in the Cinema. Watched it 52 times now on the small screen but would have loved to see it on the big screen when it came out originally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Waking life.. that would kick serious ass on a huge screen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Saving Private Ryan, the first 30 mins would have been terrific... the rest of the movie is quality too, but start would have been the business to see on the big screen...

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

I love going to the cinema and looking forward to the one that's opening in Balbriggan, it'll be nice to be able to stroll to the cinema on my days off.

Would have liked to see The Matrix (first one), Starship Troopers and Fight Club on the big screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Planet of the Apes
    Waking Life

would all be great on the big screen after a few puffs of the magic dragon

would also would have liked to have seen alien and fight club for the first time in the cinema.

I did see momento in the cinema, I fell asleep half way through it for 20 mins, when I woke up he'd forgotten everything anyway, so I didn't miss much!

requiem for a dream was mad in the cinema, I felt phisically sick, everyone was squerming in their seats, tried looking away but couldn't help being compelled to watch, no escape from that music. two women seporately ran from the cinema near the end and were sitting on the stairs crying afterwards. Great Movie Though!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Rattle and Hum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Spacedog wrote:
    Waking Life

would be great on the big screen after a few puffs of the magic dragon
    tbh i went to see this in the cinema lightly toasted and found it pretty overwhelming, especially when you try to follow what they're saying, while theyr saying it and trying take in all of the images...very dissorientating :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

tbh i went to see this in the cinema lightly toasted and found it pretty overwhelming, especially when you try to follow what they're saying, while theyr saying it and trying take in all of the images...very dissorientating :)
    The first time I did see it I was in bed, knackered tired, I was drifting off near the end, a surreal experience I tell thee, didn't have a lucid dream or anything but had some wierd ass dreams that night.

Advertisement