Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D are stopping because of their singer's health

Options
  • 29-08-2014 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭

From the facebook page D Internation Fanclub:
    Sad news for all the fans ... Today D announced to stop their activities for a while at the end of the year because of ASAGI's health. We're really really sad to hear this news.... All our thoughts to D in this bad period. Please, continue to support them ...

One band I would've loved to have seen live, I really hope Asagi recovers and gets back on his feet, he's hands down one of my favourite singers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

PHEWWWWWWW

Worried that this was about the only 'D' that matters.....TENACIOUS D

Carry on, nothing to see here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

ಠ_ಠ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Aw no, that sucks :(. Hopefully he recovers soon!

I seriously hope so, Reiketsu, he's got one of the most incredible voices in music it would be such a shame if he couldn't continue to perform :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Is it just me or are the majority of the people clicking in here doing so to figure out who D are?

• Advertisement

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the majority of the people clicking in here doing so to figure out who D are?

I am seriously upset about this tbh, they're easily one of my top 3 bands, and I was always hoping I'd get to see them live some day. I stupidly missed the chance to see Versailles live, now they're no more, never got to see Deluhi when they were around, and now this? I really, seriously hope this isn't permanent and Asagi recovers. :(

Same thing happened with me and D'espairsRay. I kept skipping UK shows thinking I would catch them next time instead. Then they called it a day due to Hizumi's health/throat not getting any better. However they did reunite for a one off gig at the end of July. I have two picks belonging to Karyu that were given to me by Acey Slade of all people. Karyu gave them to him when his then band supported D'espairsRay in NYC. I have stopped skipping gigs though because who knows what will happen.

Reiketsu wrote: »
    Same thing happened with me and D'espairsRay. I kept skipping UK shows thinking I would catch them next time instead. Then they called it a day due to Hizumi's health/throat not getting any better. However they did reunite for a one off gig at the end of July. I have two picks belonging to Karyu that were given to me by Acey Slade of all people. Karyu gave them to him when his then band supported D'espairsRay in NYC. I have stopped skipping gigs though because who knows what will happen.

Yup, part of the reason I was so glad to see Girugamesh, not just an incredible show, but like you say, who knows... Still hoping to see Dir En Grey and The Gazette, and I have it on good authority The Gazette might be coming to London next European tour. ;)

Never really got into D'espairsRay though, got a song you could recommend to check out?

Links234 wrote: »
    Yup, part of the reason I was so glad to see Girugamesh, not just an incredible show, but like you say, who knows... Still hoping to see Dir En Grey and The Gazette, and I have it on good authority The Gazette might be coming to London next European tour. ;)

Never really got into D'espairsRay though, got a song you could recommend to check out?

I was told the reason that The Gazette have never really done an EU tour as such is because they charge far too much. Like twice as much as Dir en grey too much. I trust my source but you know...rumours :D. They would sell well though, I don't doubt that.

I can't link as I'm on my phone but their "Coll:set" and "Mirror" albums are my favourite. Try Forbidden, Garnet, Trickster, Sixty-Nine and Kaleidoscope :).

• Advertisement

Well, I might've heard from the guys who put on the Girugamesh gig that they're trying for a Gazette show, so fingers crossed ;)

And giving some D'EspairsRay a listen now :D

Good news everybody! :D

http://www.vkh-press.com/2015/07/d-to-resume-activities-new-single.html
    Exciting news for D fans! The band recently announced they will be off their hiatus and will restart musical activities again! The band started their hiatus back in the end of 2014 after announcing last August that it was due to vocalist ASAGI's temporomandibular joint and muscle disorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Your on yer own there mate! I can't relate to that stuff at all. I find it very odd, lacking any kind of form or structure. Maybe I'm just old!

Good luck to your man hope he recovers from his ailments.

Lolz I didn't even know Asagi was sick... shows how long it's been since I listened to D! :P
    Still, it's good that he's getting better! Hiatuses always scare me, ever since UnsraW kept going on and off due to Yuuki's health...:(

lacking any kind of form or structure.

:confused:

I can get not liking them, but lacking any kind of form or structure? I don't get that. Their music follows a fairly ordinary structure I'd think in a lot of cases, a lot of emphasis on melody, for example:

How is this lacking in form or structure? Just wondering, and not asking you to like it or anything, that just had me kinda puzzled

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

:confused:

I can get not liking them, but lacking any kind of form or structure? I don't get that. Their music follows a fairly ordinary structure I'd think in a lot of cases, a lot of emphasis on melody, for example:

How is this lacking in form or structure? Just wondering, and not asking you to like it or anything, that just had me kinda puzzled

You know what. I probably chose the wrong words. On first listen of the 2 previous videos you posted I couldn't hear any sort of traditional verse - chorus -verse structure. But it's probably just that I wasn't listening.

And in fairness a lot of the music I listen to and enjoy doesn't follow "traditional" patterns either so that's not it.

And it's not an aversion to Japanese culture as I used to like The Mad Capsule Markets a lot.

And the language isn't a problem - as there are plenty of bands that I listen to that don't have English lyrics - and plenty that do but are unintelligible!

So I don't know why I don't like this band! Each to his or her own and all that.

You know what. I probably chose the wrong words. On first listen of the 2 previous videos you posted I couldn't hear any sort of traditional verse - chorus -verse structure. But it's probably just that I wasn't listening.

And in fairness a lot of the music I listen to and enjoy doesn't follow "traditional" patterns either so that's not it.

And it's not an aversion to Japanese culture as I used to like The Mad Capsule Markets a lot.

And the language isn't a problem - as there are plenty of bands that I listen to that don't have English lyrics - and plenty that do but are unintelligible!

So I don't know why I don't like this band! Each to his or her own and all that.

No, it's totally cool! I definitely know they're not gonna be to everyone's tastes, they're very kinda gothic metal and there's a lot of folk influences in there, and they jump between genres quite a bit, often within the same song. I just didn't understand what you meant at all.

I think I do get you now, there's often a lot going on in their music, and it can sound a bit hectic. The first two videos I linked to especially, the first song Huang di has this very Chinese inspired melody that leads into it, it sorta jumps into the chorus right away, then suddenly shifts again into this slap-bass bit, all in about 30 seconds of each other so I guess it can be a bit jarring. The second song there's a build-up, then a pretty heavy rhythm part, but immediately following the heavy part there's a vocal melody that is almost completely unexpected because it's so different from the heavy rhythm that preceded it, and then directly after that it changes again to a completely different rythym entirely.

I absolutely love that! But I can get not liking it ;)

Don't worry I know what you mean, because when I first started listening to visual kei in particular I had the same problem. I thought it sounded erratic and formless.
    The thing is that visual kei in particular doesn't tend to follow the westernised 'verse-chorus-verse' structure. It copies more traditional japanese musical forms, which focus more on how different parts of the tune flow into one another to express an emotion. There may be parts that are repeated, but their positions are not strictly after each verse.
    A decade later and I think it sounds perfectly normal, but I still remember sneering at my friend and saying 'it sounds like a mess!' When she made me listen to Gauze. She nearly slapped me.

Advertisement