Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C license Oil Lorry?

• 18-01-2013 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Is it possible to use one now for the new mass load weights? Ours is 8250 kg

My brother in law used one of the oil lorry s a few years ago

Possible to fill 1 compartment up with 5000 litres to get the weight?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

A C licence covers up to 32t if I'm not mistaken. I think you'll be fine but I'd ring the RSA just to be 100% sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,036 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Robbie G wrote: »

IIRC you need separate HazMat training to drive an oil lorry, not sure if private use is exempt as it's still hazardous material.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

Del2005 wrote: »

IIRC you need separate HazMat training to drive an oil lorry, not sure if private use is exempt as it's still hazardous material.

I have the hazchem done already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

Robbie G wrote: »

The total weight of a rigid lorry presenting for test from today 19/1/13 must be 10000kgs. If you had a box lorry unladen weight 8250 you would have to add 2 IBC's full of water to add 2000kgs to increase weight of vehicle. IBC'S are used because 1 full of water equals 1000kgs and is easy to verify by examiner. It will not be allowed to present with a tanker under 10000 kgs and fill any of its tanks to supplement total weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

Faith+1 wrote: »
    A C licence covers up to 32t if I'm not mistaken. I think you'll be fine but I'd ring the RSA just to be 100% sure.

The total mass requirement of HGV,s presenting for test from today 19/1/13 is changed.

http://www.rsa.ie/Documents/Learner%20Drivers/Third%20Directive/Link%207.pdf

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

News to me?? Did my test nearly 3 years now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭donkey balls

OP under the ADR regulations no passengers are allowed in the vehicle cab unless they are a trained crew member and hold an ADR licence for the product being carried.

Advertisement