Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGS3 might be dying. GFX corruption and multiple forced reboots

Options
  • 02-07-2012 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Have had my SGSIII since launch. VERY happy with it and never had a problem, until today.

The phone rebooted three or four times today. Each time while listening to TuneIn Pro. Never had this problem before with TuneIn but saw that there was an update for it a few days ago. Put it down to that and put it to the devs.

About 30 minutes ago, with nothing running in the foreground [even tunein] but just the USB [charging from PC] and earphones connected, the screen started corrupting.

Fading in and out. The likes of the green background image going from green to red, sometimes with black horizontal lines. It's the sort of thing I used to see if my GFX card was about to fail in my PC. Very strange to see.

Then the phone rebooted again. I pulled the battery for a bit, then put it in again. Have it Discharging to see if it happens [reboots] without the cab;es attached.

Very weird and a little worried.

Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

And it died 30 minutes ago, 10 minutes after this. It won't turn on or charge :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Think you need to bring it back. Sounds like a (severe) hardware fault.
    RangeR wrote: »
    Have had my SGSIII since launch. VERY happy with it and never had a problem, until today.

The phone rebooted three or four times today. Each time while listening to TuneIn Pro. Never had this problem before with TuneIn but saw that there was an update for it a few days ago. Put it down to that and put it to the devs.

About 30 minutes ago, with nothing running in the foreground [even tunein] but just the USB [charging from PC] and earphones connected, the screen started corrupting.

Fading in and out. The likes of the green background image going from green to red, sometimes with black horizontal lines. It's the sort of thing I used to see if my GFX card was about to fail in my PC. Very strange to see.

Then the phone rebooted again. I pulled the battery for a bit, then put it in again. Have it Discharging to see if it happens [reboots] without the cab;es attached.

Very weird and a little worried.

Anyone else having this problem?

Advertisement