Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Phone app?

Options
  • 02-07-2012 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if you have ever seen a replacement for the stock phone app on android, specifically the galaxy s3?

I find that when I'm outside and someone calls, it's almost impossible to see who it is because the screen is so dark.

So I'm looking for a 3rd party phone app that has a bright enough screen when a call comes in to be able to see who's calling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Hmm.. the only replacements that I have seen are different dialers, like 'dialer one' which is good -long time since I used it. I have always found stock dialers better than the other's tbh

Just thinking about this more it is probably that you need to change your phone them a bit, so you might need to try a different launcher from the market. Nova/Apex/Go/ADW there's plenty there are free versions, and you can always switch back easy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

You cannot replace the phone application on Android, you can have a different dialer but thats about it. Changing theme/launcher won't change the look and feel of the native phone app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Hi

Just wondering if you have ever seen a replacement for the stock phone app on android, specifically the galaxy s3?

I find that when I'm outside and someone calls, it's almost impossible to see who it is because the screen is so dark.

So I'm looking for a 3rd party phone app that has a bright enough screen when a call comes in to be able to see who's calling.

Have you auto-brightness turned on. That should up the brightness of the screen in bright environments, and make it easier to read...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Gryzor wrote: »
    Have you auto-brightness turned on. That should up the brightness of the screen in bright environments, and make it easier to read...

Or try a tasker/locale type app that when a call is incoming it ups your brightness. then after hanging up it lowers it again.

Advertisement