Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted Shiny Head

Options
  • 23-04-2012 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

i'm a male in his 30's trying to figure out a way to control sebum production around my forehead area. i'm producing too much which gives my head a shiny appearance, i've tried exfoliating scrub followed by a moisteriser that's oil free but it only seems to last a few hrs before the shiny head comes back.

started drinking more water the last wk or so but yet to see a difference , maybe it's too soon ?

anyone know any good products for men that will keep my sebum under control and leave me with a nice matte finish ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Not being weird, but some make up brands sell blotting papers for womens' faces, to take away shine on the nose and stuff. Considered trying those? It should do basically the same job.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 !BigBadBarry

Yes did think of them but do they not actually make your face produce more sebum ?

Don't worry about sounding funny if it works i'll try it !

Yes did think of them but do they not actually make your face produce more sebum ?

Don't worry about sounding funny if it works i'll try it !

I don't know because I don't really get a shiny nose tbh.

Another option is translucent powder. I know it's a women's make up item again, but it's matte, invisible basically and you can get really pale ones so it'd just make the skin look less shiny.

Yes well i have being trying things like talc and cornflower but my face is pretty tanned so i started getting paranoid thinking maybe i've white bits on my face and head now!

Yes well i have being trying things like talc and cornflower but my face is pretty tanned so i started getting paranoid thinking maybe i've white bits on my face and head now!

Then get powder. I know it'd be fairly embarrassing buying translucent powder as a guy but they do all different colours and trust me, it works better than talc or cornflour!

• Advertisement

Ok so i just go into boots or something and ask for translucent powder in my skin tone ? and then how do i apply it do i need a brush or something ?

Thanks for the help by the way ;)

Another thing how long would it last for because after a couple of hrs of using no matter what i always notice my head gets shiny again.

Ok so i just go into boots or something and ask for translucent powder in my skin tone ? and then how do i apply it do i need a brush or something ?

Thanks for the help by the way ;)

If you want to ask for help, yeah, ask for that.

If you want to find it yourself, it looks like a giant, round, skin coloured eyeshadow.

You'll need a brush to put it on with, yup. Penneys do them cheap :)

No problem, good luck!

Another thing how long would it last for because after a couple of hrs of using no matter what i always notice my head gets shiny again.

Most make up only lasts a few hours, but you can ask them to recommend a long lasting one. Some make up that lasts 16 hours has been introduced. I'm not sure if powder is one of them though because I never wear it.

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    If you want to ask for help, yeah, ask for that.

If you want to find it yourself, it looks like a giant, round, skin coloured eyeshadow.

You'll need a brush to put it on with, yup. Penneys do them cheap :)

No problem, good luck!

Hmm ok just read somewhere that Aloe Vera gel helps control shine so will try that first.

Wonder is there some site on the net i can pick my skin tone and just order the powder from ......?

Will ask wifey about translucent powder tomorrow surely she has some i could try before i buy !

Hmm ok just read somewhere that Aloe Vera gel helps control shine so will try that first.

Wonder is there some site on the net i can pick my skin tone and just order the powder from ......?

Will ask wifey about translucent powder tomorrow surely she has some i could try before i buy !

She should have! Most women who wear make up do!

• Advertisement

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    She should have! Most women who wear make up do!

Or else i'll just get her to get it for me :D

Thanks for your help your good deed for the day is done.

Nite nite

Advertisement