Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student: Rent Allowance Q...

Options
  • 19-09-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone who is on rent supplement please tell me how long it takes to be approved for it, and what the process is? Also, can you please give me an idea as to how much rent the supplement covers. I will be paying €200 rent per month. My area has a maximum rent level of €255.

I am on the Back To Education Allowance and i have been told that i will be entitled to the rent supplement also.

Can someone please help me out on this?

Thanks,
    Maria

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭roisin24

really nt sure bout this. im on the back to education allowance and paying €250 a month in galway. a few people told me im not entitled to it at all.
    does anyone know where students stand with the rent supplement?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I'm a student and getting the maximum contribution for my area. Mind you, I applied for rent allowance before I registered for second year of college. A CWO has to call to inspect your premises, and they have the right to make unannounced/surprise visits, so applying for it as a full time student isn't really practical since the chances are you won't be in when he/she calls. The entire process for me took from May 26th until August 19th. You have to go on a housing list, await a visit to approve your application for that list, wait for a letter to say you got the visit to approve you for that list, and then you can go to the CWO and ask for rent allowance :(

Advertisement