Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEI and childcare

Options
  • 14-09-2011 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask a question. is there any help towards childcare for those in receipt of BTEI who are attending third level education?

i have been asking around and there seems to be none. they will give me help if i do a FAS course, with very little chance of getting a job after it, but dont seem to help if i am going to a third level college.

any information would be great,

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

I'm assuming you mean you are on BTEA as BTEI generally refers to part-time further education courses, not third level.

For help with childcare check into the Subvention scheme.

http://www.dcya.gov.ie/viewdoc.asp?fn=%2Fdocuments%2Fchildcare%2FCC_Subvention_Scheme%2FCC_Subvention_Scheme.htm

The local Childcare Committee can give you details for your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Hi,
    Yeah you can assume correct.
    i have checked with the local childcare committee, they pointed out as you have. the problem is that only the local community childcare center deals in the subvensions scheme. they have a very limited number of places, and unfortunatly they are mostly taken up by children who are paying full fees and have been there all summer long or have started back very early.

i dont know what else to do and am a bit angry that there seems to be little help there.

thanks.

Advertisement