Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Redditor

Ebbs wrote: »
    Shamrock Rovers needs a big clean up :P
    As do a fair few others.

I'm going to a few hours on it this evening. I'm running through the transfers for the Premier, club by club, alphabetically. I'm entering missing or incorrect data as I go along, so that's why it's taking so long.

Thanks for the stuff so far guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Not too sure about N. Lanigan, P. O'Brien, T. Cawley, M. Logan and M. Holland.

All gone, Lanigan and Holland to bohs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,551 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The Shelbourne 1 is correct except Ian Ryan is a defender, and I don't think Gorman will be signed by us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Paul Corry at UCD is a Midfielder, not a Defender.

Also John Russell at Sligo, has moved to St Pat's AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Not too sure about N. Lanigan, P. O'Brien, T. Cawley, M. Logan and M. Holland.

All gone, Lanigan and Holland to bohs.
    Holland hasn't gone to Bohs. He's off to Australia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Another one!

At Derry City, it says Mark Farren is a Defender. He's a Striker!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Redditor

Paul Corry at UCD is a Midfielder, not a Defender.
    This is the most common mistake with the database, players with wrong positions. A lot of the time players were allocated positions according to how they were listed in match reports, but you can't rely on that.
    Also John Russell at Sligo, has moved to St Pat's AFAIK.
    Going A to Z... I am at Rovers now, Sligo and Pats soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Price, Hurley, Downes, Fowler, Somers no longer with Bohs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Was at the Rovers game today, first time at a match in waaay too long, miss it terribly! Finished 1-0 to Rovers, Gary O'Neill with the goal (I think?), overall I thought they kept the ball well and played some okay stuff, but lacked a bit of a spark going forward a lot of the time, then again it was only the first game back so doubt too much was expected. Thought Rice was very good when he came on, Brennan looked classy too when he came on second half. The right back this evening looked very young, but he really impressed me, not sure if he came up from the 19s or whether he is a new signing, maybe a fringe player from last year, but really really looked impressive tonight I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Was at the Rovers game today, first time at a match in waaay too long, miss it terribly! Finished 1-0 to Rovers, Gary O'Neill with the goal (I think?), overall I thought they kept the ball well and played some okay stuff, but lacked a bit of a spark going forward a lot of the time, then again it was only the first game back so doubt too much was expected. Thought Rice was very good when he came on, Brennan looked classy too when he came on second half. The right back this evening looked very young, but he really impressed me, not sure if he came up from the 19s or whether he is a new signing, maybe a fringe player from last year, but really really looked impressive tonight I thought.

Glad you enjoyed it, missed it myself so only listened on SRFC tv.

First game under kenny so the fact we're playing ball is good, conditions cant have helped.

Right back was Gannon, he was in the A team last year and made a few first team appearances (Including a start vs Pats in Richer). Id say the starting line up today will not be anywhere near our actual first 11.

Bar powell, the whole back four will change. Hard to say midfield really and up front Im sure we'll see Twigg. Did Kelly play right mid or was it Kav?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Any truth in the RUMOUR (:rolleyes:) that shamrock played in red and black today? :D

Conor Devlin ex man utd (thought he was till with them) played in goal for Rovers today.

4 Ex LOI players scored today accros the water, name them all win a prize*

* prize may not exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

McClean, Deegan, Eoin Doyle

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    McClean, Deegan, Eoin Doyle

Kevin Doyle too :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Conor Devlin ex man utd (thought he was till with them) played in goal for Rovers today.

He could've been in Manchester and kept a clean sheet for Rovers today..

Disjointed game obviously..good anticipation by GON to get the goal, not really a goal I've seen Kilduff scoring. Overall I thought GON was the best attacking player on the pitch, Kavanagh behind. SOD sprayed the ball around a bit. Rice only played half the game or so but got involved..

Brennan was ok, McCabe was poor, Dennehy struggled to get beyond his full back, but rustiness all round. Gannon was very good as ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Ebbs wrote: »
    Bar powell, the whole back four will change. Hard to say midfield really and up front Im sure we'll see Twigg. Did Kelly play right mid or was it Kav?

I actually thought Powell played poor enough today, especially in comparison to Gannon on the other side. Kelly played out right first half but then up front in the second half, McCabe was really poor when he came on, disappointing as whenever I saw him play on telly last year he looked decent enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

bohsboy wrote: »
    Any truth in the RUMOUR (:rolleyes:) that shamrock played in red and black today? :D

No mention of your showing against Bluebell or do you even bother with Bohs these days?

@Ferris. Gannon has always looked very promising when called and should see a lot more game time this season. Kenny obviously rates himself and Jack Memery and thinks they ready to make the move up.

stovelid wrote: »
    No mention of your showing against Bluebell or do you even bother with Bohs these days?

So you did play in red n' black then? ;)

• Advertisement

So you did play in red n' black then? ;)

Same black away shirt as before but the SEAT logo is in red.

I assume that when you have the biggest sponsor in the league, you use their logo. Not issues you're likely to deal with on your slow slide into the LSL.

You'll probably rereg as Sligoboy then though.

Same black away shirt as before but the SEAT logo is in red.

I assume that when you have the biggest sponsor in the league, you use their logo. Not issues you're likely to deal with on your slow slide into the LSL.

You'll probably rereg as Sligoboy then though.

So the RUMOUR was true?!
    Stephen Kenny's red n black army? :pac:

As long as we're alive I'll happily slide wherever we go. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I actually thought Powell played poor enough today
    Start as you mean to go on and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Any Pats fans know anything about a friendly with LTFC this week?

Any Pats fans know anything about a friendly with LTFC this week?

Thursday in Richmond, floodlights still not working. The flood killed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Thursday in Richmond, floodlights still not working. The flood killed them.

Richmond was flooded?

Will they be fixed for your first home league game?

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Richmond was flooded?

Will they be fixed for your first home league game?

Flooded last year, dressing rooms destroyed.

Should be fixed, werent as of last week anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Why did Pat's leave it until the last minute to get it fixed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

BOHtox wrote: »

It's the League of Ireland.

BOHtox wrote: »

Insurance but i think the above is more apt :pac:

Anyone else see the price of the Umbro Gear? Dont wear tracksuits but its 86 quid for the pats one!

Anyone else see the price of the Umbro Gear? Dont wear tracksuits but its 86 quid for the pats one!
    Pricey! Any idea what cut the club gets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Someone on foot.ie saying Bray are struggling for a licence. Other sources saying its BS. REally hope its not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mushy wrote: »
    Someone on foot.ie saying Bray are struggling for a licence. Other sources saying its BS. REally hope its not true.

:eek:

I love Bray!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Des wrote: »
    :eek:

I love Bray!

Ah its unlikely it'll come to the worst, but sure the money problems are evidant by the young team they have.

It'd be an awful shame if they weren't in the Premier this year. The one time they actually didn't deserve to be relegated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

AgileMyth wrote: »
    It'd be an awful shame if they weren't in the Premier this year. The one time they actually didn't deserve to be relegated!

It would be an awful same as we'd have to go to Limerick, really need a season long break from down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Do Limerick have or even have the resources to get a Premier licence?

Do Limerick have or even have the resources to get a Premier licence?

Jackman Park definitely isn't Premier Division license material, but the FAI would obviously fast track them if they were short a team.

It would be an awful same as we'd have to go to Limerick, really need a season long break from down there.
    Suppose that'd be a plus point for us. Far too many trips to Dublin as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

Mushy wrote: »

keep bray and **** ucd out ive always thought its ****e having a college team in our national league

keep bray and **** ucd out ive always thought its ****e having a college team in our national league

They are there on merit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Says more about the other clubs that a college team can perform better.

doncarlos wrote: »
    Says more about the other clubs that a college team can perform better.

Not really.

They have some of the best training anf fitness facilities in the country, because they are a college. At no cost to the "club". these facilities are pretty much state subsidised, no other club gets this.

They can offer decent young players a chance to play a decent level of football, and an education/scholarship. At no cost to the "club". this is pretty much state subsidised, no other club gets this.

The general running costs and day-to-day expenses of a normal club are absorbed into the general running costs of the college

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Not really.

They have some of the best training anf fitness facilities in the country, because they are a college. At no cost to the "club". these facilities are pretty much state subsidised, no other club gets this.
    There is no reason other clubs cannot do this. Shels in their prime could have siphoned off money to pay for facilities rather than blow it all on wages. There was astronomical wages paid across the league in the 2000s. If clubs looked at building infrastructure rather than short term success these training facilities would be paid off or almost paid off at this stage.
    They can offer decent young players a chance to play a decent level of football, and an education/scholarship. At no cost to the "club". this is pretty much state subsidised, no other club gets this.

Again, no reason other clubs can't do this. I believe that Bohs have a link up with DCU. Dundalk and Drogheda are currently talking to DKIT about doing similar. Clubs need to be proactive about these things.
    The general running costs and day-to-day expenses of a normal club are absorbed into the general running costs of the college

I was always lead to believe that costs for the LOI side were completely separate from the college?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Not really.

And have a look at the arrangements some clubs have with regard to the ground available to them to play their home games in.....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I love Bray, hope they can stay up

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Like Brax too. Like the club and know the town well and always enjoy the fixture and winning the league there was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I quite like UCD. I've only seen them three times but play some great ball. Enjoyed their game against Villareal last summer too.

Like Brax too. Like the club and know the town well and always enjoy the fixture and winning the league there was great.

You like them so much you even spell their name correctly.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

As long as we're alive I'll happily slide wherever we go. ;)

Clearly not if you didn't even realise you lot were playing yet knew what colour kit we turned out in. Obsessed is not the word.

• Advertisement

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Suppose that'd be a plus point for us. Far too many trips to Dublin as it is.

You've obviously never been to Jackman!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement