Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract Law

Options
  • 05-08-2010 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm an engineer running projects. I'm getting interested in the contract side of things. How would one go about getting a qualification in contract law? or what levels/qualifications are there? I know this is a vague question but I'm really not that familair with that side of the business.

I came across one guy who had moved from engineering into contract law. And before you say it, I can't ask him about how he did it!

Thanks

Frogeye

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

I presume you're asking about how to get into the project management side of things, in terms of administering construction contracts and managing the job under the contract ? That is as opposed to the purely legal side of things (i.e. become a solicitor) ?

Most of the people I work with who are involved in serious stuff on the contract administration side in the construction area have a post-graduate qualification in project management, as well as a primary qualification in a relevant field (like yourself) so I suppose you should look into what's available and what you can commit to in that regard.

I've come across very few people who sort of drifted into project management without a qualification in that specific field and those that did tended to have achieved this a long time ago. It seems a qualification is more or less a basic requirement.

Of course I may have misunderstood what it is you are looking to do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Consider some of these courses: http://www.tcd.ie/civileng/postgraduate/diploma/

Advertisement