Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Govt Bodies and Sharing of Information

Options
  • 05-08-2010 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    This article was mentioned to me today, and having read it myself i am wondering what is the "legislative provision" used by the Dept of Social Protection to obtain the information they describe?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0803/breaking18.html

I looked at the data protection/privacy section on the injuries board website for instance,and an ordinary lay person like myself would assume that other than respondants/health professionals etc related to the claim, a person's details are not passed on, yet reading the above article this does not seem to be the case.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining about the Dept clamping down on fraud, (it's long overdue imo), i'm just interested to know what "legislative provision is being used, because it isn't named in the article or the one Govt body that i did look up.

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

Advertisement