Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you like the English?

• 29-05-2009 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

@in years bla bla bla

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

hate the bastards but the best ride i ever had was off an essex bird in greece 10 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Yes I like all 40? million of them.

I've no doubt it has its arseholes like anywhere but the vast majority of English people I've met have been polite and friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Yes. They're class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Cant say i ever met one, but i'll keep an eye out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

As above, most that I have met have been grand. Always going to get some dodgy characters.....it hasn't put me off liking the Irish.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ImARide

That's just it! They are too polite and too friendly in my opinion!! You just cant tell whether or not they actually like you! And I can't stand there whole anti european bull****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I ain't got no beef. Know a few English people and they're all lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭deco05ie

yes, they contribute so much to the world it's really impressive considering there size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A great bunch of lads (and lassies).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I've lived there, and found most of the folks I've dealt with to be very friendly, helpful and polite.

In a situation where I had heavy bags to carry down the steps to a tube station, nobody allowed me to carry them.
    They took them off me at every set of stairs and made sure I was okay to get them on the tube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

deco05ie wrote: »
    yes, they contribute so much to the world it's really impressive considering there size.

I think that's the Chinese you mean. Very short people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭b12mearse

Ya love them but hate there intelligence agencies, they just never give up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

yup. They're pretty awesome.

frankly, i can't imagine hating the English people for any reason. Unless every English person you've ever met has taken upon themselves to hold you down and shit in your mouth upon first meeting, then I'd say you're just talking rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Don't know many English people... They look fine though.
    Top Gear is English and it absolutely rocks!!!!

Had few scottish - or the one scottish person in my life whom i had many bittersweet memories with. Though now its leaves a more bitter taste than sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'm half Irish, half English. I love/hate both peoples equally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

1916:mad:, the bastards!!It was all the english's fault and we had nothing to do with it!Fúcking Black and Tans are another shower of bastards etc etc....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭hopalong_ie

Not too fond of them, a few things, again the entire EU stance thing, there over inflated opinion of themselves and it really is time they accepted they are no more important that the French or Germans etc in terms of clout in any real sense and the "Great Britain" is anything but great these days. They seem to be stuck between choosing to side with the Colony or Containent.

That said the best laugh i had in a good while was when an English Guy i work with stood in front of me last week and gave out about all the Polish etc comming over "here" and taking our jobs and how "THEY" should f**K off back home etc..... :eek: I should point out i work in Dublin and it took all my effort not to laugh in his face although i could hear sniggers all around. This man is 50 has lived in Ireland for 15 years. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

As a rule, no

what with the pillaging and all

other than centuries of land-rape they're much the same as us though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Surely there should be a limit on how many of these thread can be active at once? You should let the other anit-British thread run it's course first, then wait a week and another will have started for you by then.

No need to have three on the go at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

They're just like us. Really. Don't be afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I haven't met them all so I can't answer that well-thought-out question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

orestes wrote: »
    I'm half Irish, half English. I love/hate both peoples equally
    Well said ,It's not all one way traffic .Anti englishness is raring it's head again tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Melange

Vast majority of them are perfectly decent people; same goes for absolutely anywhere else. I find the concept of hating entire nations - lumping millions of people together under one "national characteristic" - to be futile and somewhat disturbing.

For instance: I am myself first, and an Irishman a distant second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

OP banned... again. Don't use any more alt accounts thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement