Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do Irish women wear so much makeup?

• 28-05-2009 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Obviously not ALL Irish women wear a lot or even any makeup, but whenever I travel and then come home I notice that women here wear more makeup than the women in almost every other place place I've been. (the Continent, US, Canada, Oz, Turkey, Mexico, China..you name it)

Why? Was it always like that? And no, I don't think it's because we are ugly and have to cover it...so don't even go there..

any thoughts??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

To cover up all the cracks quite obviously.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

We're "blessed" with pale, freckly, red patched skin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Because we're as white as white people can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Ah, generalisations. How refreshing.

In all seriousness, the main problem is the orangey fake tan women. Oh sweet cheeses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Obvious answer, Irish women are muck compared to US, Canada, Oz, Turkey, Mexico, China.
    They dont look after themselves and by the time theyre in their early to mid 20's theyre destroyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

To hide the ronny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭b12mearse

maybe because we get no sunshine here. the countries you mention get nice summers and this maybe the reason there skin is paler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

Why are Irish women so goodlookin ...?

(answer in thread title)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

jbl123 wrote: »
    in almost every other place place I've been. (the Continent, US, Canada, Oz, Turkey, Mexico, China..you name it)

SCOTLAND!?

Do I win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Obviously not ALL Irish women wear a lot or even any makeup, but whenever I travel and then come home I notice that women here wear more makeup than the women in almost every other place place I've been. (the Continent, US, Canada, Oz, Turkey, Mexico, China..you name it)

Why? Was it always like that? And no, I don't think it's because we are ugly and have to cover it...so don't even go there..

any thoughts??

So we can have another thing to give out about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

giggsy664 wrote: »
    Because they're **** ugly the **** ugly wimminz

Banned for trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Oh jesus no. Not again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

b12mearse wrote: »
    maybe because we get no sunshine here. the countries you mention get nice summers and this maybe the reason there skin is paler.

I was just going to say that, and also the skintones here are very pale.

Although pale skin can be really beautiful if its just left alone and not covered in makeup.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I have to say having been about this oul world I would have to say I agree with the OP. Though I have found Russian women can often be a close second. But yep Irish women as a generalisation tend to wear more makeup and wear more younger.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Another thread complaining about Irish women.

I have to say as an Irish male, it really is difficult being this perfect. :rolleyes:

Make-up on fat doesnt look good either.

I was just going to say that, and also the skintones here are very pale.

Although pale skin can be really beautiful if its just left alone and not covered in makeup.

they don't call you girl interupted for nothing.
    speaking of pale..look at this guy in the background. he must be irish

brooke_hogan_405704a.jpg

FearDark wrote: »
    Obvious answer, Irish women are muck compared to US, Canada, Oz, Turkey, Mexico, China.
    They dont look after themselves and by the time theyre in their early to mid 20's theyre destroyed.

You're quite the charmer, aren't you?
    Make-up on fat doesnt look good either.

Crass and insulting on internet looks pretty bad too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Not "obvious answer".
    Not true - bollocks in fact.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well lets face it, Irish men are no great shakes either. For most the only six pack they have is in the fridge. Too many have middle aged spread by their mid 20's(respect to the BGRH brothers naturally) and get that "I'm a tubby blotchy bugger past 25 who wears shorts over very short legs, with sandals and socks when the weather turns nice". They're damned lucky they have pretty good personalities compared to many nationalities(and I gather bigger willies apparent;y. So if you're black and Irish the gods have smiled upon you).

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jbl123

Twee. wrote: »
    We're "blessed" with pale, freckly, red patched skin!
    What's wrong with pale skin and freckles?? (OK maybe red patches are not so good.) I really think most people look best with something close to their natural skin tone and natural hair color, with maybe a few highlights.

they don't call you girl interupted for nothing.
    speaking of pale..look at this guy in the background. he must be irish

brooke_hogan_405704a.jpg

Funny.:)

Its also possible that he's that pale because all his blood was directly away from the surface of his skin to em... elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

em im a teenager and i as a general rule dont wear make up except on a night out but everyone of my friends wears it practically daily.
    its fairly rare to find girls who dont theese day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭gwhiz

We wear makeup to enhance out natural beauty :D

Why are Irish men such pompous arrogant asswipes? :eek:

I've pale skin - I only wear moisturiser except for occasionally, and in these instances, the foundation I wear is very sparse. Foundation that isn't specifically for pale skin looks ludicrous on me. Although a light tinted moisturiser gives me a natural looking glow.

I've just turned this thread into a FAP one.

gwhiz wrote: »
    We wear makeup to enhance out natural beauty :D

Why are Irish men such pompous arrogant asswipes? :eek:

because they take after you

I look after myself, eat right, gym 4 times a week.

And girls... dont be so upset, its not bollocks. What do you think of when you think of eastern European women? Fit. Irish women are muck, get to ye're 20's and most of ye give up. Its the truth.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

What's wrong with pale skin and freckles?? (OK maybe red patches are not so good.) I really think most people look best with something close to their natural skin tone and natural hair color, with maybe a few highlights.

I love my pale skin, and wear a light foundation, but I know lots of girls who hate being pale and wear panstick style make up to cover up the freckles. The redness though, that's a bit **** :)

And girls... dont be so upset, its not bollocks. What do you think of when you think of eastern European women? Fit. Irish women are muck, get to ye're 20's and most of ye give up. Its the truth.

And still nothing can hide your ugliness, inside at least.

Utter tosh about Irish girls too.

And before you bother, I'm Italian.

• Advertisement

well at least irish women don't dress like hookers on a daily basis and at least have a personality.

Dudess wrote: »
    Foundation that isn't specifically for pale skin looks ludicrous on me.

That is the thing, and most all foundations that they sell in Ireland. Do not come in Irish pale.

So it looks like your wearing loads of makeup, but actually it is just that the foundation isnt blending into your skin tone.

*I wear too much makeup* :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭gwhiz

because they take after you

Such an indept and intelligent answer:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

gwhiz wrote: »
    We wear makeup to enhance our natural beauty :D

I call BS on that. I wear foundation to work every day to hide exactly how red my face gets because the only time I didn't wear the muck people kept asking me if I felt ok all day. I definitely don't do it to enhance anything, rather to hide the fact that all the blood in my body gets rapidly attracted to my face on a regular basis.

What do you think of when you think of eastern European women?
    Some are pretty, some aren't - much like Irish women.

well at least irish women don't dress like hookers on a daily basis and at least have a personality.

Oh, thats unfair on Eastern Europeans, don't you think?

Everyone I've met from Eastern Europe have been absolutely lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Even if that is the case (I don't believe it to be) then what about the hordes of 20 something guys who don't play football/GAA etc. anymore because of their "dodgy knee" or who continue to tell yales of their sporting glory back in their youth all the while downing pints into an ever increasing belly and the resulting ever less visible penis?

O no, this is turning into a Irish Women Vs The Rest of the World thread :eek:

Grabs the popcorn.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭deco05ie

They look better so who gives a ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

If they knew the right tone to choose and how to put it on then it wouldn't look so bad. It looks ridiculous when you see the contrast between the neck and the face, behind the ears or along the hair line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭pinkfeather

...same reason why irish men drink so much :P

• Advertisement

Oh, thats unfair on Eastern Europeans, don't you think?

Everyone I've met from Eastern Europe have been absolutely lovely.

well they definitly dress cheap, thats for sure as for personality they seem pretty vain

tribulus wrote: »
    Even if that is the case (I don't believe it to be) then what about the hordes of 20 something guys who don't play football/GAA etc. anymore because of their "dodgy knee" or who continue to tell yales of their sporting glory back in their youth all the while downing pints into an ever increasing belly and the resulting ever less visible penis?

What about them? I'd say they're happy as a pig in sh1te.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This thread is a train wreck so I'm locking it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement