Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ong bak....

Options
  • 07-02-2005 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

has anyone seen this film?
    i watched the trailer and it really emphasises the martial arts ability of the lead actor, (first there was bruce lee, than there was j. chan, jet li and now....) cant remember his name right now, but the film looks like it has the potential to be a good one...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

its more jacky chan than bruce lee. Some really cool moves and stunts in it, but it really felt that it was moving from one stunt to another with conviently placed cars boxes etc

The story sucks but you'll just keep watching some of the things he does and go holy **** thats pretty cool. He seems to be big on doing all the stunts himself with no strings etc' which really is the main reason to watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

Class film. Moves rock, makes you go ouch so many times through-out. And er.. it's good. A must see!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

People with no taste will think this film is very good. People with taste will tell you it's crap and to not bother watching the film but to just skip forward to the action sequences because the rest of the movie is horrid. Dont watch it just skip forward to the action sequences, there is no point in bothering with the crap in between the action. Go watch paint dry if you can't skip forward. Don't listen to the female character cry/wail, it sounds AGONISING.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Duh, like that wasn;t obvious. It's a movie about finding a statue. We have cliched characters, and stupid fame type run ins.

THE ACTION THOUGH OH MY GOD THE ACTION!

When he is running away from the gang, all the mad stuff he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I really wanted to check out this movie. Then I realised that the Ong Bak DVD hasn't got any English subtitles. But the SVCD does.
    Then I realised I couldn't be bothered ordering an SVCD for something like this.

True story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Rcuomo

is it getting a cinema release here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

This film is the business, I dont care about the story. The stuff he does is so good its funny.

Advertisement