Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meet the fockers

• 25-01-2005 3:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

I can't wait, it's finally coming out this week. I might go watch the previews on Thursday or the weekend. What should I expect from this film(without giving spoilers away)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Cringe inducing hilarity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

gr8 film not as good as the first one tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Meh, I thought the first one was overrated so I doubt I'll bother with this one. The first one had a few good laughs but overall was pretty forgettable.

Million Dollar Baby is out anyway, looks miles better. Sideways is out this friday aswell afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,223 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Million dollar baby is excellent, very sad tho

ill be going to meet the fockers tho cant wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

saw this last night. very funny, i loved the first one and id put this one on a par with it. dustin hoffman was the perfect foil for deniro.

the only fault id have with it is they relyed on the "focker" joke a bit too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Saw this today, very very funny and I'd say it's just a little better than the first.

Oh and that RV is really cool, :) must've set him back quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Reef

Watched it last night. BIG, BIG let down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Saw this a month or two back. Very very poor!

As a huge fan of the first one, i was very disappointed! Mainly because i thought Barbara Streisand and Dustin Hoffman were both terrible as The Fockers.

Save your money and go see 'Million Dollar Baby' instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I think they overused the Fockers joke a little too much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I quite liked the first one. Never really thought it was one of the funniest films ever, like some people, but I did really like it.

This one was not that funny. The name jokes, whether they were about "Gaylord" or "Focker", were pretty poor and repetitive (and predictable). This is definately not as good as the first. Dustin Hoffman was good to see though. It kinda let me down.

Team America: World Police > Meet The Fockers

MATT DAMON!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Watched it last night, and like many others, the word Focker and Gaylord was overused. It was vaguely funny the first time, veering towards cringeworthy at the end. Ignoring those words, the film was just average, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

The first film had two funny bits and sequels tend to be poorer than their predecessors, so I'd expect 0-1 funny bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭littlejay

byte wrote:
    Watched it last night, and like many others, the word Focker and Gaylord was overused. It was vaguely funny the first time, veering towards cringeworthy at the end. Ignoring those words, the film was just average, IMO.
    so true.. it was ok i had a few slight giggles here and there. but the 1st one was good.
    kills me too see an actor like di niro play such cheapish parts. gonna watch hide and seek the weekend .
    looks an awesome flick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

littlejay wrote:
    kills me too see an actor like di niro play such cheapish parts.
    Agreed (give or take some capitalisation ;)). Though one of the two funny bits in the first film was him asking "I have nipples Greg, could you milk me?" and it was only funny because it was DiNiro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It was on a par with the first one (no better, but no worse). They could have put a "3 years later" caption at the end of the first movie, shown the second, and you would have though it was part of the same movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Went to see this last night - thought it was top class.

The fights between De Niro and Hoffman were all hilarious, the baby was cool too.

Even better than Meet the Parents :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Thought it was pretty awful, and I was a fan of the first one.

Hoffman tries so hard, he looks like he's delighted to be there, but has nothing to work with as regards material.

Really big let-down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

A dreadful, unfunny film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Ardent

I thought it was muck also. Don't think I laughed once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I really liked it. Thought Dustin Hoffman was outstanding and despite not seeing the original, thought it was a really good film.

• Advertisement

I really liked it. Thought Dustin Hoffman was outstanding and despite not seeing the original, thought it was a really good film.

You would have enjoyed it even more if you'd have seen the first film - a lot of small jokes were linked to things that happened in the first film - you should rent Meet the Parents and then watch Meet the Fockers on dvd when it comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fox

you will love it,just as good as meet the parents.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

fox wrote:
    you will love it,just as good as meet the parents.

heh heh heh

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I thought this was a weak movie and not a patch on the original...

Watchable, but disappointing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Saw it on Friday. It was fairly average, but there were a few funny moments.

I hated 'Meet The Parents', so I wasn't expecting much. 'Fockers' was just too long, and the situational comedy just got more and more lame the longer the movie went on. I didn't mind DeNiro and Stiller's characters to begin with, but I just wanted to slap them both around the place halfway through the movie. The baby and the dog saved it for me.

'Fockers' isn't great, but it's better than 'Parents'.

TCamen wrote:
    The baby and the dog saved it for me.

The baby was funny alright..... "Assss.... Hoooooole"!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

The baby was funny alright..... "Assss.... Hoooooole"!! :D

The baby was class. TBH i was laughing the whole was through. Saw the first liked it but cant remember it so cant compare. There is just loads of little laughs through and kept me thoroughly entertained, so much so the girlfriend didnt get a kiss till the end!!!
    SM
    P.S loved the answer machine message

Advertisement