Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Before Sunset

• 31-01-2005 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I saw it a few weeks back expecting something completely different. I quite liked it. Alot of the time I think whatever mood your in will depend on whether you like/dislike a film. And I'd say my mood that night had alot to do with my liking it. -My brother & his girlfriend saw it a few days later and turned it off after about 30mins.

Did any of you see it? What did you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I've had the first one on my "must watch" list for some time, and want to watch it before I see this.
    Of course that'll probably mean I never get around to seeing either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭carpocrates

I haven't seen this yet but I must confess that between yourselves and myself the prospect of watching simpering eternal gen-x wannabe Ethan 'define irony' Hawke fondling his ratlike pre-pubescent facial fluff while fawning over a woman in yet another lavish cityscape tastefully shot in meticulous co operation with the Parisian tourist board leaves me wanting to wretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

actually, you won't find many of those lavish cityscapes, as the majority of the focus is on the conversations between the two characters, which is what i liked most about the film.
    it's just a movie about two people and their lives, their views on life, and they talk about life and the world in the way that real people talk - it's deep, but comprehensible, not pretentious.
    it's a lovely lovely movie, you shouldn't miss it. i think in many ways, it's far better than before sunrise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Reef wrote:
    My brother & his girlfriend saw it a few days later and turned it off after about 30mins.

If a girlfriend of mine didn't like this movie then it would be a very quick bye-bye!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Reef

Raoul Duke wrote:
    If a girlfriend of mine didn't like this movie then it would be a very quick bye-bye!
    Really, why do you say that?

• Advertisement

Reef wrote:
    Really, why do you say that?

You can tell a lot about someone from their reactions to situations and films. If someone was to dismiss a favourite movie of mine, which is reasonably intelligent and which touches on adult themes of relationships and the world at large, as a load of sh!te, then they're not for me.

But I take your point about whatever mood you are in affects your reaction to a movie. A second chance might be arranged. :cool:

Well, I think it would affect what you think of a movie to a certain extent....I really, really liked the film whereas my brother & his gf hated it, and couldn't bear to watch it any longer... In his words 'load of rubbish, nothing but conversation & yer ones accent kept changing'.

-Given her background and the fact that she lived in different countries & spoke fluent english I'd leave her off ;)

But no, I'd watch it again & still love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

My girlfriend loves this movie, she took me to see it, I thought it was great too, I thought her song was very nice also.

I knew my gf loved it so I wanted to get her the double disc set for xmas but it wasn't out till feb 7 so I gave her a plant pot with compost in it and said something should appear in that around the middle of Feb.

she wanted to get her lil brother Robin Hood, Men in tights so I told her about play.com.. then a week or so later it arrived and then she said to me "I think I might look on play.com for before sunset" I didn't want to ruin anything so I said nothing. Then the next day I get a text saying she just ordered the double disc set!!! Arghhhh!!!

cormie wrote:
    My girlfriend loves this movie, she took me to see it, I thought it was great too, I thought her song was very nice also.

I knew my gf loved it so I wanted to get her the double disc set for xmas but it wasn't out till feb 7 so I gave her a plant pot with compost in it and said something should appear in that around the middle of Feb.

she wanted to get her lil brother Robin Hood, Men in tights so I told her about play.com.. then a week or so later it arrived and then she said to me "I think I might look on play.com for before sunset" I didn't want to ruin anything so I said nothing. Then the next day I get a text saying she just ordered the double disc set!!! Arghhhh!!!
    Agh! Lousy, sweet idea though!

I'd be very flattered if a boyfriend did something so thoughtful for me!

cormie wrote:

Presume she already has the first one? If not that'll do for the plant pot. Failing that I'd get my thinking cap on coz something has to be there within the next fortnight. :eek:

• Advertisement

I know, I told her what my intentions were, well it's the thought that counts and she was really happy with my intentions ;) but nope, she hadn't either of them and I was going to by the twin pack for her. Alas!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

saw sunrise last night, and saw sunset tonight.. wow, on both counts.

Fantastic films. I love how the two characters were tied into Waking Life too, talking about things they discuss in sunrise.

Should really have seen sunrise first but I didn't know about either till my gf dragged me to Sunset. I'm sure I'll be watching them one after another anyway when she gets them.

I think it's good the way it's the same actor/actress, what was it, 5 years later?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

nine years.. 1995-2004

crazy how they look older, but look the same at the same time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭voltamadan

I really liked it. thems some long takes and some great ad libbing. I liked her song too. it could have easily been corny and syrupy but it was just...nice! :D

Advertisement