Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punch Drunk Love

Options
  • 02-02-2005 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,022 ✭✭✭

I saw this fim yesterday. I liked it very much. Nice simple story of a lonely guy who finds love.

What did you think of it?

I compare this to "Closer". What a cold hearted movie it was. Give me Punch Drunk Love everyday of the week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I liked it, but wouldn't compare it to Closer in any way.

I had my doubts about the film because I'm not a big fan of Adam Sandler's films, but he really was very good in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Easily PT Anderson's worst film. Predictable plot and totally unengaging. Sandler comes across as a violent nutcase... we're meant to identify with this guy?

After Magnolia and Boogie Nights, this film was a crushing disappointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Brenner

Classic film, bought it as soon as I saw it, 5 stars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Yes I totally love this film and reckon everyone should check it out. Just wish people would stop calling it (or worse writing it off as) 'an adam sandler film'. For one thing it doesn't follow the usual sandler-vehicle formula and for another sandler himself doesn't put in his usual foul-mouthed over the top performance. Sure he still has his 'violent edge' but then that's a factor as to why he got the role.
    koneko wrote:
    wouldn't compare it to Closer in any way.
    I think he means from the point of view of contrast.
    Predictable plot and totally unengaging.
    I guess engaging depends on the individual but how can you say was it predictable?
    Sandler comes across as a violent nutcase... we're meant to identify with this guy?
    Yes he does, he's supposed to. Also Yes I think we are supposed to identify. Well I certainly did anyway. But maybe that's not necessarily a good thing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Etain

I guess I'm one of the few people who haven't seen it. After Little Nicky I've avoided Adam Sandler's movies. So many have recommended it that I will have to rent it.
    It certainly can't be any WORSE than Nicky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's a completely different film to anything he's done before, it's not a comedy (well not in the traditional sense). Really, rent it now!

Advertisement