Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do you know your approved?

Options
  • 14-05-2015 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

I looked at the FAQ on the SUSI site and cant find the answer to this question so hoping someone here can help.

I am going back to college in September but I wont be able to do it unless I get a grant.

I'm working at the min so I don't want to give up my job and then find out that I wont be getting and grant and end up with nothing

So My question is when do they let you know if you are going to get it?

Also if you are getting the adjacent rate (under 45km to college) are your fees still paid for? Will I be liable for the student contribution??

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Depends on how quickly you applied and how quickly you had your documents in and if they're correct. I was on the ball 2 years ago and only got confirmation at the start of July, but things will probably have sped up since with earlier opening dates

Hoping to get all documents sent next week. Notice at the start of July would be great as the offers come out mid July

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Was beginning of October when i got confirmation last year. After being assessed by the middle of June.

There are no guarantees you ll will get early notification. However things might be better this year. I submitted my grant renewal application on May 8th and got approved on the 12th.

I just finished the application. They said not to send anything until they ask for it so I just have to wait for notification in the post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ramonarosie

I really depends cus I was on the ball last year like applied for it the day it opened and had everything sent back really quickly but I still didn't get the confirmation letter until the middle of september!

If that happens I'm screwed as I'd have started the course and given up work at that stage :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ramonarosie

Yeah SUSI aren't the most reliable and its a pain applying for the first time! Best of luck, hope everything works out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Irishchick wrote: »
    I looked at the FAQ on the SUSI site and cant find the answer to this question so hoping someone here can help.

I am going back to college in September but I wont be able to do it unless I get a grant.

I'm working at the min so I don't want to give up my job and then find out that I wont be getting and grant and end up with nothing

So My question is when do they let you know if you are going to get it?

Also if you are getting the adjacent rate (under 45km to college) are your fees still paid for? Will I be liable for the student contribution??

thanks in advance!

Most new applications don't get confirmed until around September/October.. all going well, and that you have submitted all the correct information on your application form and any correct documents if required.

Advertisement