Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funeral for a Friend - Bullet for my Valentine - Wednesday June 22nd - Ambassador

• 19-06-2005 9:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Anyone headed to Funeral for a Friend at the Ambassador on Wednesday? It kinda makes up for last years June Ambassador Metal gig, the one with Chimaira, Killswitch Engage, God Forbid and Shadows Fall. This year, Funeral for a Friend are playing with Bullet for my Valentine and two other relatively unknown bands on the scale of things. I want to go, but does anyone know if Level 2 is for sale at the gig?

And am i right in thinking that the last time FFAF played here it was Dec 2003 and they supported Iron Maiden in the Point?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'm going. I'd kind of consider A Static Lullaby better known than Bullet for my Valentine, but that's just me.

Can't wait. =D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

I can't wait. I don't like Bullet For My Valentine, but A Static Lullaby are supposed to be great, but Gratitude pulled out a while back. And FFAF played in march last year with Lost Prophets. Roll on Wednsday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 deadtome

yea im head`n down!should be a kool nite!..looking forward to seeing Bullet tho!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

This is about the 3rd time I've seen this topic.....but I ain't complaining, my favourite band, seeing them for the 4th time!!.....booo, yeah. and now there are rumours that BFMV might have pulled out!! I'll be heading of course and soo shall many more people....fear not!

Right, I heard a rumour about this concert being moved to Friday. However I haven't seen anything to back up this rumour, and it says the 22nd on the Ambassador.... so that's just a rumour, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

As in this Friday?....or next Friday?..........That had better be a damn rumour.............I will actually break down and cry otherwise!!....Seriously......yes it is only a rumour because they are playing a sold out gig in Glasgow this Friday.....and BFMV are not supporting anymore!

Yeah, I checked ticketmaster. The FFAF site isn't so great for giving tour details... they don't even mention the Ireland dates. o.O

Bullet pulled out? Alriiiiiiiight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Just back, yed BFMV were not there. FFAF played for a whole .....................................hour. And were pretty poor. I was afraid to talk to any girls in case they were 12, no wonder SLAYER was 18+ - theyd all have been killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

so this was u18. i was wondering why there was all these kids dressed in black outside the ambassador. was it not good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

it was s**t.Surrounded by loads of blokes that used hair straightners(??) to get their hair right.and it didn't help the average age of the crowd was 13

Hm. I thought it was awesome. Was second from the front for most of it, didn't really notice how old everyone was except that they were all taller than me and that was goddamn annoying 'cause they just would not let me get in front.

I ache EVERYWHERE now and still cannot hear properly. Actually collapsed just before Roses for the Dead 'cause I was singing too hard but I got back in fairly shortly. And weirdly enough it was pretty easy to get back second from the front despite having spent the entirety of The Mascara Story's set wriggling there.

Annoyingly enough, myself and my friends got there five hours early to try and meet the band, and we missed them by a tiny fraction (I was actually sitting outside the Ambassador in the shade when Matt Davies walked in so I didn't see him). But for some reason everyone when was queueing, they put this random barrier around us all so there was barely no space to even sit down in the blazing sun for the next four hours.

All in all, great craic! When I got out it looked like I'd been swimming with my clothes on, and my hair was trying to turn into dreadlocks. Can't wait for MCR now but I'd say they'll not be as good as FFAF.

Still, you get out what you put in, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Drevin Fairy

the gig ruled!!
    but it was a bit like playing sardines in an oven coz it was soo hot in there, i nearly passed out and started to stick to everyone around me

the Mascara Story were good, i didnt know what to exect but i liked them but i didnt like A static lullaby. i dunno, maybe theyre good on record but not live
    Funeral rocked and i had a blast ( i got to meet matt davies!!)
    it would have been cooler if Bullet hadnt pulled out at the last moment but still

I thought it was quite good. "Monsters" could have been so so much better. God I'd love to go to an over 18s gig. Hair kept getting caught in my watch. It's funny seeing all of the "straightener" user's hair all frizzy at the end of the night. Ha! Such lady-boys.

I didn't even recognise Monsters until the second verse. Which is a shame because I love that song so much.

And my hair kept getting caught in people! It gave me such a cramp in my neck because for a while I could barely move my head...

And after all the straightening I did!* *sheds tear*

*disclaimer: I do not, nor have I ever straightened my hair

It bugs me when guys straighten their hair. Like when guys wear pink or baby blue. Jeeze.... But the gig was good. I really like FFAF and the others werent bad either. Roses For The Dead was amazing. What the hell was up with the crowd!? There was no energy for any of their new songs. I demand an age limit next time.

I missed Roses for the Dead becuase I had TOO much energy... Where I was there was loads of energy for the new stuff. Well, at least coming from me and the surrounding couple of people. Being short means I don't have much of an idea of what's going on.

I understand why people would want an over 18s crowd, but if they played an over 18's gig they'd have to play one with no limit as well, because I'd be pissed off if I missed a band I love just because I'm not old enough.

The middle and slightly to the left of the stage were nuts, but i was to the right where it was a tad more subdued (my girlfriends short so we stayed there). Chances are they wont be too strict on the old age restrictions if youre about 17 or just look old.

I was in the middle slightly to the right, actually. There wasn't much room to be crazy because everyone was so crushed, but there was a lot of crushing going on. My shoulderblades now ache because my arms were pushed so weirdly from where they should be.

And nope, I'm only 15 and barely look it, so there's not a chance in hell I'd get in. (Although I managed to get into Sin City no problem, I've no idea how that happened)

Towards the end, the moshin got pretty intense actually. I feckin fell over (error of judgent on the ol' size of the pit...). Damn my neck hurts.... I don't mean to sound like a girl, but I ****in made eye contact with Matt and it was good.

• Advertisement

Not to piss on your parade or anything but that was not a rough gig.
    The floor was supposed to be sold out and it wasn't even half full!
    And if you think people were being crushed at the front go to a slayer gig.
    The pit was piss poor,it was tiny and had bout 15 people in it.
    And sorry to point back to Slayer but the pit there almost covered the whole area in front of the stage.

What the hell? The Ambassador has a pit? Where's this, then?

Mosh pit then,if you want to be a smart ass

Didn't mean it like that, I just thought you meant a physical pit, like in the Olympia if my memory serves me. And as far as I could tell being second from the front, and then the brief moment when the event guard guy was carrying me away, I didn't see any pit of that kind in the Ambassador.

As for moshing... well.. where I was there wasn't any space for actual moshing, and despite being rather small I didn't sustain any injuries aside from considerable crushing resulting in random aching, so I guess you could call that a non-rough gig. But to be honest, I don't go to a concert to be beaten up. There are plenty of fields and back alleyways for that kind of thing.

Oh,sorry bout that then.
    i don't go to gigs to get beaten up either,i go to listen to good music and do a lot of headbanging.Sometimes i go into the mosh pit to let a little aggression aswell

Beekay wrote:
    Not to piss on your parade or anything but that was not a rough gig.
    The floor was supposed to be sold out and it wasn't even half full!
    And if you think people were being crushed at the front go to a slayer gig.
    The pit was piss poor,it was tiny and had bout 15 people in it.
    And sorry to point back to Slayer but the pit there almost covered the whole area in front of the stage.

You gotta bare in mind that most of the kids there were real young so a big pit was never really gonna happen. That and theyre really feckin short. Christ, I felt huge. But it's rare to find a gig with a good band and good pit and no kids. I'm not into heavy metal so it's a perfect gig is a wonderous occassion and still something I've to find. Any reccomendations for the summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

acri wrote:
    You gotta bare in mind that most of the kids there were real young so a big pit was never really gonna happen. That and theyre really feckin short. Christ, I felt huge. But it's rare to find a gig with a good band and good pit and no kids. I'm not into heavy metal so it's a perfect gig is a wonderous occassion and still something I've to find. Any reccomendations for the summer?
    The only gig i have left to go to is Pixies,And there not very heavy so....

Advertisement