Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coldplay tomorrow?

• 21-06-2005 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

Whos going?
    What time are interpol on at?
    What time are coldplay due on at?
    Is it sold out yet?
    Whats the best way outta town? Bus? 14a?
    Are there pubs around Marlay Park?
    Can you bring bottles in?
    Should be a great gig!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

joc_06 wrote:
    Whos going?
    What time are interpol on at?
    What time are coldplay due on at?
    Is it sold out yet?
    Whats the best way outta town? Bus? 14a?
    Are there pubs around Marlay Park?
    Can you bring bottles in?
    Should be a great gig!!

I am!!
    Interpol around 7:15 I'd say... I'd expect Coldplay on by 8:30
    Still on sale!... and people selling below face value on the FS board!
    depends part of town, but the luas goes near - 15min walk from Balally station.
    Otherwise, 14a bus or 48a. I think special buses are running also
    Not bottles... just like any other gig.

Should be great indeed! weather is supposed to be better than today :o)
    Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

doors are at 5
    stage times (taken from mcd.ie)

21:00 - 22:30 Coldplay

19:15 - 20:15 Interpol

18:00 - 18:45 Morning Runner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

The Eden Lounge is about 1 min walk from the entrance. Great pub on a nice day. Big Beer Garden outside. Tis me local.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

I need to get to Capel Street after this ends (perhaps even before it ends) rather quickly. Any suggestions as to how this would be done?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ugh, interpol??? I got freebee tickets and thought i'd go hoping decent support, i hate coldplay...ah well drunken messing with inflatable chairs ahoy.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I'm going, looking forward to it :D .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

ugh, interpol??? I got freebee tickets and thought i'd go hoping decent support, i hate coldplay...ah well drunken messing with inflatable chairs ahoy.....
    can i have them? me loves coldplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭PhiliousPhogg

How big is Marlay Park?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

|<
    This big
    >|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

How big is Marlay Park?

It's in or around 15k capacity I think

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i hear 20k were at it, it was ok, I'm not a mellow music man, but was suprised at the gig, it wasnt terrible, good crowd, lots of friendly banter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I enjoyed :D it alot apart from the fact that my stupid back was sore, it was very good and I thought the mix was well chosen. Interpol bored me though and I shouldn't have gone so early :( .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Loved it. Loved the pit. Loved 'clocks'. If they had just played 'Clocks' all night - I would've loved it even more. Great songs, Chris Martin knows how to hold a crowd and entertain whilst getting the music done too - glad to see he didn't preach much/at all either.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Just got in from it, stopped in the pub for a pint or two (not me, designated driver).

Timed to perfection, they walked on as we were walking in. Felt like we were only there about half an hour when they were heading off :/ Clocks was grrreat alright Noel

Great gig :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Tonight's gig? Meh.... I've had better.

I guess if you really enjoy X&Y it would have been cool. And if you hadn't seen them play Witnness in 2003 and thus didn't have a far better Coldplay gig to compare it too then it would have been cool. And if you had gotten to Marlay early enough to soak up the atmosphere beforehand then you would have enjoyed it even more. But I don't fall under any of those categories, so I give at a 6/10 and a "If you weren't there don't worry, you didn't miss much!"....
    Mr Rivers wrote:

May I just say a FAIR F-ING PLAY to you Mr Rivers for getting those pics online so f-ing soon! And the pics are v. impressive! Jaysus, well done!!

Also, I just wanna make a point of how much the concert personally cost me:

Ticket + booking fee: €65
    Bus into town: €1.75
    Return ticket to Marlay Park: €6
    Food at venue: €7
    Coldplay poster: €7
    Nitelink home: €4
    Watching some stupid grown man dance like a chicken and look like a complete fool: Priceless
    TOTAL: 90.75

Since I love gigs and I did enjoy tonight I have no problem whatsoever spending that much. It is quite alot though! A total rip-off, you might say!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

eskimo wrote:
    May I just say a FAIR F-ING PLAY to you Mr Rivers for getting those pics online so f-ing soon! And the pics are v. impressive! Jaysus, well done!!
    Thank ya! I do try! I know my camera is out dated and crap tho, most pics are terrible but I put the majority up anyway!

Thanks again! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

wow! amazing gig!
    I had my doubts... (maybe Coldplay are too mellow... not good atmosphere).
    How wrong I was! They can do stadium / large crowds no problem.
    Just miffed that they didnt play "Talk" of the new album. That one of my favourite songs at the moment and it would have been great blasted around MArley.
    Ah well... still a great gig!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

I thought the gig was awesome. Morning Runner came on surprisingly early, but they impressed me. As for Interpol, I'm a huge fan and so loved them. We had to wait quite a while for Coldplay to come on, but when they did it was totally worth it. "Clocks" was particularly well-received by the crowd. Chris Martin has such a great rapport with the crowd, and I have to credit him for that.

9/10 - the only problem was the fact that it was uncomfortable sitting down the entire time. They were charging 35 euro for blow-up chairs for two people. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

what was the setlist like lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭PhiliousPhogg

I went for Interpol and was dissapointed they only played less than an hour and didn't play most of my favourite songs - Stella, Hands Away, Obstacle 2, Leif Ericsson, Take you on a cruise and A time to be so small. they played most of the new album (no new songs). They really aren't a band for the big stage, and they didn't get a great crowd. The bassist is superb though.

I was pleasantly surprised by Coldplay. The crowd were amazing. The faster songs on the new album worked really well on stage. Chris Martin did some pretty dumb **** though - revealing Dub and Lin on his knees was sad sad sad. And did everyone else get showered in dust after the fireworks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭fischerspooner

yes I was rather impressed by coldplay too. Here's the thing. Why did the bar have to close at 2130? Thus making everyone buy 4 beers at a time, and hammer them into them like there's no tomorrow. And why are there police everywhere? It's like having your parents at your house party. They really don't know how to do it here, I've been to festivals and gigs in spain, where there are no police, no silly rules, no bars closing, why do we have to do these things here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

yes I was rather impressed by coldplay too. Here's the thing. Why did the bar have to close at 2130? Thus making everyone buy 4 beers at a time, and hammer them into them like there's no tomorrow. And why are there police everywhere? It's like having your parents at your house party. They really don't know how to do it here, I've been to festivals and gigs in spain, where there are no police, no silly rules, no bars closing, why do we have to do these things here?

Because in Ireland the promoters have absolutely no respect for the paying public. Plus we never complain over here (well we do, but not to the relevant people)

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

There are police everywhere because of the mindless **** that go to gigs here, get off their heads on drink and drugs and fall into people and ruin everybody elses enjoyment.. having said that I didn't see much of that sort of thing yesterday

I've been to gigs all over the world and people can enjoy themselves without getting off their heads so why can't people here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I thought it was a great gig. I saw the fireworks at the start and was waiting for them to go off for the whole night. I liked the idea of him swinging the light and them going off.

The Dub-Lin on his knee's was cool I thought, didnt think anything against it :S.

As for the Garda, I didnt think there was too many and I'm glad that they were there. Almost all gigs outdoors you get Idiotic Irish ppl drinking untill their on the ground then start to ruin the atmosphere for everybody around them.

Great concert :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Are you insane man?? The police are there for a very good reason, to look after the crowd and keep trouble to a minimum. And yeah, in Spain they probably don't need them. It just shows you the difference in the cultures.

I had to move twice last night because I kept finding myself surrounded by drunken scangers - the worst feckin people to be around at a gig. The police are needed badly and if they ruin your fun then I have to ask, what exactly had you intended on doing at the gig that you can't do with the police there??!

I can't believe this. A few drunken idiots, big deal, the vast vast majority of people there were well behaved cool people. A few scumbags aren't going to ruin anything, they are a small minority. Instead of moving away from these people constantly why didn't you tell them to f**k off and behave themselves? It's amazing how scared some people are of these skinny little wretches. As for the gardai, what if I want to smoke a joint or something without worry? I shouldn't be smoking joints at concerts you will say? What about woodstock? The isle of white? This is what it's all about! Jimmy Hendrix is turning in his grave...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

As for the gardai, what if I want to smoke a joint or something without worry? I shouldn't be smoking joints at concerts you will say? What about woodstock? The isle of white? This is what it's all about! Jimmy Hendrix is turning in his grave...

You sound like a cock tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

So you're advocating breaking the law then? I wouldn't mind being able to smoke the odd joint now and then at a gig but it's illegal, pure and simple.

Anyway it's not the joint smokers that ruin peoples enjoyment at gigs, it's the scumbags that get ****faced on drink and e's etc..

Some laws are just stupid and everyone knows it. As for the poster insulting me, is that the best you can come up with? We live in a police state or a nanny state or whatever you wish to call it, why does it have to be like this here if it's not like this elsewhere? It's a cultural thing? If there were any people drinking too much etc. at the concert, do you really think the closing of the bar at 2130 helped? No it worsened the problem. A lot of people were worried about getting last drinks, buying 8 pints at a time, hammering them down, etc. etc., hardly a recipe for sobriety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Great gig :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

what was the setlist like lads?

Very similar to the ones here.

http://www.easytoplease.net/tour.php?page=tour2005

M

Advertisement