Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Certified Exams

Options
  • 27-05-2015 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

Im working in the industry for 3 years but i'm looking to improve my skill set. Id love to do some advanced courses in photoshop / illustrator or indesign or a packaging course but i cant really find what im looking for. I think if i did an adobe certified exam it might make me more employable.

Has anyone done any courses in this area? either online or in a classrom?

Or has anyone sat an adobe exam?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hankscorpio184

First hand - these Adobe Certified Exams are more about where things are located within the programs, like knowing all the Indexing functions, you basically study the Help Files and most of the questions are centered around this.

Most employers, unless working in a call center, would not require you to have this.

Being an Adobe Certified Expert and being a good graphic designer are not the same thing.

Not to put you off or anything, but I'd concentrate in bumping up your portfolio with Pro Bono work and with "Non-Commissioned Brand Redesigns" basically meaning you pick a brand to rebrand and work on it yourself with various logo ideas and other work around their branding to rebrand them.

Advertisement