Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Acting class for fun in Galway

Options
  • 29-04-2015 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for evening classes acting for fun that are starting soon. I really don't know if I've a natural flare for it, probably not, so it must be therefore suitable for beginners and ideally be able to pay as you go, as it were.

Thank you for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Hi there are a few options in Galway depending on what style/length of commitment you want to do. A few to look up are Galway Actors Workshop, Core Theatre College and The Spontaneous Theatre People.

I'm assuming you are over 18? If not there are even more for younger people. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Only spotted this now when was sort of in the same boat as OP, deciding to have a go at this after putting it off for so long.

Saw today though that classes already started at Galway Actors Workshop as of last week, 19th May. Feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tchernobog

I just finished a class recently with Core Theatre College, it was excellent and quite fun. Would recommend keeping an eye out for any future classes.

I'm looking for acting courses for tv and such (more than a hobby, I want to get into this professionally at some point, but i'm just starting). I've found the Galway Acting Film Production Classes on facebook, but it doesn't really inspire much confidence, for some reason. Doesn't seem like an actual class, so to speak.

Anyone know of other classes in Galway, or close-by? The closest I seem to find is Sligo, Cork or Dublin, and that's a bit far for daily classes on top of full time work!

Advertisement