Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rolling Road Session 20/2/2010 Dunboyne

Options
  • 01-02-2010 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭

One of the lads on Alfaowner has organised a rolling road session on 20th February in Couture Auto Dunboyne

We've got a rate of €50 at the moment (normally €60 AFAIK) and if we get more than 10 cars, it's €45. 4WD cars will cost more.

PM me if interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've stuck this on www.fto-ireland.com - will pass on any interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

I've always been interested to put my car on one of these but what exactly does it tell you? Is it just the power output or does it tell you the health of your engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A good hp reading would suggest a healthy engine, a lot of people are disappointed at the power figure at the wheels so if you've built up your car's abilities in your head it's a dose of reality ;)

A lot of owners forums post their rolling road results so it's nice to compare. there are differences between readings on different machines though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

colm_mcm wrote: »
    A good hp reading would suggest a healthy engine, a lot of people are disappointed at the power figure at the wheels so if you've built up your car's abilities in your head it's a dose of reality ;).....

My car has almost 200,000 miles on it.....I'd be interested to see how many horses are left! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

We had a couple of BMW's on Couture's Dyno last saturday.

My '99 M5

'03 330d touring

Was good craic and they have a very good setup. Just hope it's not going to be as freezing as it was saturday morning :) .. otherwise make sure to bring warm clothing.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭franksm

I posted this over on MX5 Ireland to see if there's any interest. We had a couple of dyno days in the past (Westward Engineering). Might pop along to Dunboyne for the craic - already know my HP, so will be in 'read only mode' :D

Advertisement