Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any deals on snowfoam lances + snowfoam

Options
  • 08-10-2015 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a snowfoam lance and some snow foam, ideally the Auto Brite one or similar.

Looking around, not really seeing any good deals on these bundled together and with sterling it's pricey to get them in the UK.

Any recommendations for a local or online supplier?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

My Autodirect one played up recently and i thought it had seen better days.
    Detailing shed were out of stock at the time. so I bought this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141732814690

While it does the job fine, It just feels a bit less quality than the AD one.
    Just after I used it once I picked up my AD one to try it and it worked fine again. At least i now have a spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

Contact detailshed he maybe getting some, mate said he got a foam lance from DandD detailing recently maybe worth a try to.

I just bought mine from Autobrite as I was getting in a stock of stuff from them (£££££:eek:), does seem to be best lance I used though, 1st couple I had have really poor bottle thread fitment and needed a load of tape to tighten up the top or bottles just dropped off after few turns :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

I use the one that came with my archer and find it very good, you can buy a bigger one in Halfords for €30 but you must have an archer washing machine of course

SBPhoto wrote: »
    I use the one that came with my archer and find it very good, you can buy a bigger one in Halfords for €30 but you must have an archer washing machine of course

My god how small is your car that you can fit it in to a washing machine?? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

The bottles that come with some lances are poor quality, but often other used product bottles will fit, as do mineral bottles, and they have a much stronger thread.

Be worth contacting a local supplier of them...they might even consider running a group buy for them, if there was interest, meaning further discount! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Bought mine on detailingshed and delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

Curran wrote: »
    The bottles that come with some lances are poor quality, but often other used product bottles will fit, as do mineral bottles, and they have a much stronger thread.

Be worth contacting a local supplier of them...they might even consider running a group buy for them, if there was interest, meaning further discount! ;)

Current -- do you have / can you do any bundles of the lance with some snowfoam?

The lance and 5ltrs of Bilt Hamber Auto Foam would make a nice combo.
    Auto Foam is a very good snowfoam; as I'm sure a few here will agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

edburg wrote: »
    My god how small is your car that you can fit it in to a washing machine?? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D

Sorry i meant Karcher

SBPhoto wrote: »
    Sorry i meant Karcher

Only kidding, just a bit of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

I'd be interested in joining in on a group buy for a lance with the local supplier in a few weeks if it was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Curran wrote: »
    The lance and 5ltrs of Bilt Hamber Auto Foam would make a nice combo.
    Auto Foam is a very good snowfoam; as I'm sure a few here will agree!

Have to say I am a lover of the Bilt Hamber Auto foam as well.

Are DS getting in any stock of Carpro Hydrafoam ( if that is what it is called ) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

I'd certainly be interested in a group buy for a lance/snowfoam combo.

Vectra, you mean HydrO2foam?
    You obviously haven't been on their site or FB page! ;) It's been there a few days now...shame on you! :P

Advertisement