Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How would I copyright a logo

Options
  • 15-07-2009 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

I have designed a logo for a client, I am just wondering how would I go about copyright protection or is there such thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

All original work is copyright, but are you trying to assign the copyright to the client or retain it yourself?

Or do they want to register the "mark" as a trademark

(The concept of registering copyright is US only - we don't use it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

They want to register the logo as trademark, how do they go about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

justryan wrote: »
    They want to register the logo as trademark, how do they go about this?

http://www.patentsoffice.ie/en/homepage.aspx

They have full details on how to do it - the most awkward part is the search ie. to see if there is an existing mark that is similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Thanks for the useful info blacknight

Advertisement