Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharepoint 2007 problem

Options
  • 10-10-2007 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am developing a public facing website using Sharepoint 2007 with Designer. The publishing website looks and works exactly like it should when I (the primary administrator) access it, regardless of the computer used. So I think the problem is related to the sharepoint configuration or permissions.

When a site collection administrator views the page, the web part zones look "messed up" in the sense that the alignment is completely wrong. If any other authorised user views the page they get this error:

"A WebPartZone can only exist on a page which contains a SPWebPartManager. The SPWebPartManager must be placed before any WebPartZones on the page."

The master page does indeed have the SPWebPartManager declared, and this is verified by the fact that the website works perfectly when viewed through my network account. I have worked with the IT administrator to ensure that the permissions on the network and sharepoint are configured correctly, and from all the documentation I've read - this appears to be the case.

Another problem which maybe related to this issue is that the CssClass property for all sharepoint controls are not being applied. I have verified this by inspecting the web pages using Firebug. I know that the CSS file is being linked correctly because:

a) The CSS File also controls the page layout and this appears correctly when viewed through my account
    b) If the control is placed within a table, I can apply the style by to the table rows and columns

What else could possibly cause this behaviour? And is it related the SPWebpart Manager problem?

These are obviously serious problems which I need to fix as soon as possible. My project can not progress much more in the development stage until it as been resolved :(

Advertisement