Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gap in the market for 2 buses??

Options
  • 29-03-2008 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have two brand new 18 seater buses and am looking for work, would anyone have any suggestions as to an area or service that they may be suited to??

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭bazzer

There would seem to be gap in Dublin for direct connections to the Airport. The Patton Flyer, for example, runs to and from Dalkey and is apparently doing well enough for its owner to consider expanding the service.

Other than that, the 46A could always do with a dig-out! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Maybe contact some companies for a shuttle service to the office?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Hi All,

I have two brand new 18 seater buses and am looking for work, would anyone have any suggestions as to an area or service that they may be suited to??

Thanks!

You could do worse than to contact some of the coach hire/group travel companies. I personally know of one company who scream for buses at times. Major hotels, schools, sports groups, churches and schools would also use buses on varying levels of regularity; some companies would use them to move staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bazzer wrote: »
    There would seem to be gap in Dublin for direct connections to the Airport. The Patton Flyer, for example, runs to and from Dalkey and is apparently doing well enough for its owner to consider expanding the service.

please say you're joking about the 46a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

bazzer wrote: »

He better be joking about the Patton Flyer also, considering they don't have an operating licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭beetlebailey

Thanks for all the advice.
    I`m based in swords and was thinking about some sort of run to and from the airport,not sure what exactly.
    Would you think there would be a demand for a service up to ikea in Belfast??
    I know Dublin Bus do a daily run from Amien st,I was thinkin about a similar service from Swords or the surrounding area???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Thanks for all the advice.
    I`m based in swords and was thinking about some sort of run to and from the airport,not sure what exactly.
    Would you think there would be a demand for a service up to ikea in Belfast??
    I know Dublin Bus do a daily run from Amien st,I was thinkin about a similar service from Swords or the surrounding area???

Have you received a PSV license for either bus, yet?

I have psv and passenger operators licence etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

I work in Parkwest and theie is a bus service provided by AMC to town and the luas....

They seem to have diff buses on all the time. so maybe present your self to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Bus Éireann are the biggest buyers of hired buses in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

I think the following route could be a real money spinner for you. No buses on it and lots of people need it.

Ashbourne - Swords - Malahide station

and the reverse.

You could do the round trip continuously in the mornings between 6am and 9am and between 5 and 7pm.

And then about once an hour during the day.

Another route could be Ashbourne - Swords (Applewood) - Tunnel - City Center. Already a private operator on the #Swords - City Center route packing buses every day, but if you originate in Ashbourne you are not technically doing the same route.

Read their comments swordsexpress.com

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Heart

but if you originate in Ashbourne you are not technically doing the same route.

I don't think that'd work as the Swords Express route thru the tunnel is what blocked the DB 141 from Swords, not via the tunnel, I get the impression because Swords Exp. is running no one else can serve Swords regardless of the route you take...

H

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

I think any local service connecting to a train station would be of great benift. Balbriggan, Rush&Lusk etc. Timetable your service to arrive 5 minutes before each train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Hi All,

Thanks!

Would it have been better to identify the work before getting the busses?
    If an airport route was viable/allowed, the Celbridge/Maynooth area would be a good one.Its approx 90 euro round trip with the hackney/taxi.
    Anyway best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

citywest - kingswood - lucan - airport - swords

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

He has two buses not 20.

How does one get to have two brand new 18 seater buses and not know what to do with them...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭shltter

Dub13 wrote: »
    He has two buses not 20.

How does one get to have two brand new 18 seater buses and not know what to do with them...?

A raffle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Boardsbud

Surely this thread isn't for real. Beetle you've obviously got more money than sense. As the previous poster pointed out, how did you end up with 2 (mini) buses and no plan for what you'd do with them?
    I'd love to see your business plan. Did you go into a bank, ask for money to buy 2 buses and then say you'd find out potential uses for same on a message board?

Thanks to all who gave some constructive advice it was very helpful!

To the others who thought i just went out and spent 100k on two buses for no particular reason- I currently have work for both buses, i`m just keeping my options open and seeing what else are out there.

Advertisement