Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to America

Options
  • 11-04-2011 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Ok, so I want to go to America for a working holiday for about 6 months or so, it's to decide wether or not I would like to move there permanently. I want to get an apartment somewhere and find a job to support me while im there and then leave after the 6 months. Is it possible to do this? What type of Visa do I need? I need all the help I can get I'm not sure what way to go about anything. Please help!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

First thing to do is look at the different visas available and see if you're eligible for any. A lot of people have the same idea as you but unfortunately there's not always a visa available.

Check out dublin.usembassy.gov for the different types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas available.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

lil_lisa wrote: »
    First thing to do is look at the different visas available and see if you're eligible for any. A lot of people have the same idea as you but unfortunately there's not always a visa available.

Check out dublin.usembassy.gov for the different types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas available.

Indeed, I think there is many a person coming on here thinking that it is as easy to get a working Visa to the US as it is for Oz and Canada.

Advertisement