Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

43" LED TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Have just purchased that Philips TV and very happy with it - given that the euro has improved slightly, there's a saving of about 40 if you buy across the border (assuming you're not too far away).

We were looking at smart tvs and then decided we didn't really need one - there's a Chromecast and a Firestick in the house and we have an old but still perfect Humax Foxsat for satellite stations. It came with a Wifi adapter and it connected easily to my modem - not that I'm really sure what to do with the connection, as there are no apps installed on the tv?

In addition, this TV records the Saorview channels when you add an external drive - just tried that out today and works perfectly. Also pauses and rewinds live tv. This was a big bonus for us. Loving the 4K picture and the sound isn't too bad for a large/thin tv. We can pick up Freeview from NI too.

Like you, we couldn't have anything bigger than a 43" in our sitting room without creating an eyesore.

Happy to answer any other questions if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭daz76

Thanks for your reply, still on the fence about what TV to buy. Are you still happy with its performance, is there a big difference in the picture even on normal SD stations

daz76 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply, still on the fence about what TV to buy. Are you still happy with its performance, is there a big difference in the picture even on normal SD stations

I have one issue re the recording of programmes via USB - I've posted it in the Terrestrial section here on Boards (can't link yet). When recording it's not possible to access any HDMI port, even to view a video or play music. I've contacted Philips and am waiting on their techs to reply, but it would appear from replies here that it may not be possible for most TVs. Still trying to decide if it's worth returning as we don't often record Irish stations - the Humax is perfect for the satellite stations

Otherwise, the TV is very good - lovely clear picture, easy to set up, remote is good/intuitive and not overloaded with buttons. SD stations look great to me. There are lots of options re colour etc on Setup - still exploring those. Might be an idea to head into PC World to have a look at it in reality before buying - or any other TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Just back from holidays and the tv won't turn on. Anyone have any issues since they bought?

CFC007 wrote: »
    Just back from holidays and the tv won't turn on. Anyone have any issues since they bought?

This TV periodically won't switch on or sometimes has no sound - the solution is to plug it out/turn it off and on again. Similar issue with recognising HDMI inputs/ports. I have informed Argos of these problems and they noted that I have been in contact with Phillips 'support', who were supposed to provide updates on a fix (never happened).
    They (Argos) have allowed me to retain the option to return within the 12 months and I have a paper trail for same from the store/Phillips. Since it only happens intermittently and the bother of packaging it up etc is off-putting, I'm still undecided :confused: Apart from this, the TV is good. My only worry is that the issue may become more frequent or even permanent! In which case, my paper trail will be invoked ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement