Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How uncommon is it for a wife to leave the home?

Options
  • 25-08-2015 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

For example neighbours are her in-laws or her husband is adamant he's staying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Not uncommon, I think.

My wife left family home after an affair, and now lives in a rented house.

Are you saying that your marriage has broken down and you feel you can't stay in family home because your in-laws live close by, and husband refuses to be the one to leave the family home? (I can't blame him on that, BTW, it is exactly what I did).

Family Mediation Service may be able to help you work through the various options, I'd recommend putting your name down ASAP, as waiting list is long (about 3 months, I believe).

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I know of 2 women who did so.
    One, her husband was emotionally abusive and for her and her children's safety, they left .
    She hopes it's short term as she's solicitor involved and hopes to get back to house and have him leave as he contributes nothing to the family (useless with kids, doesn't work, abusive mentally and emotionally.)

The other woman is me.
    My marriage was going downhill and I absolutely hated where I lived.
    Awkward neighbours, gossips etc... didn't like house etc. In fact, I was one with relatives locally, not ex.
    Ex happy to stay there so we split and he bought me out so I could move on.We split amicably which obviously makes a huge difference.
    Yes, it gave locals something new and different to gossip about, but it'll be someone else or something else next week.

Hope it works out for you.

Advertisement