Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop won't connect to Internet.

Options
  • 07-02-2013 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Hi, My sons laptop was all fine yesterday but today will not connect to Internet, two other laptops in house connecting fine. Have checked all the network settings, all seems ok. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

Could be many things but your firewall could be blocking access. Try blocking access of you internet browser in your firewall settings and then re-enabling access for it. I use Chrome and it sometimes does this.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Thanks, think i've worked out what it is, my wireless in disabled, can't seem to work out how to enable it, Toshiba Satelitte Pro, should be F12 key but nothing happening there ! Will keep on muddling through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Presumably you have got it working now. You normally have to hold the fn key whilst pressing the function key.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

FSL wrote: »
    Presumably you have got it working now. You normally have to hold the fn key whilst pressing the function key.

Yes, thanks, that was actually my problem was pressing fn and function, however model only requires function key only ! f12. Felt like a right idiot !

Advertisement