Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Rant Thread MKII (a new place to dump ur baggage)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,617 ✭✭✭✭walshb

PaulieC wrote: »
    I was out a few weeks ago in an unfamiliar area and a taxi driver stopped me to ask for directions. I asked him first did he not have 'the knowledge' but he looked like he didn't know what that was. When I told him I didn't know where he wanted to go, he til me not to worry about. Lucky he said that as it would OF spoiled the rest of the run thinking about it. A few miles later a guy coming on to the Navan Road hopped out of his car to start on me as I had the cheek to have been almost knocked down by him when he didn't stop at a stop sign. When I pointed that out to him he called me lots of names and started throwing shapes, so I just ran off. I really, really hate those types of uneducated, mouthy, aggressive dubs (yes I know there are the same kinds of tw*ts in every county, but the dubs have an extra special way of being dicks). After I ran off, I went way too fast for about 5 miles due to the adrenaline, then was wrecked for the last 8 miles or so ��

Just shows you what a jungle it is out there. Have to be so alert. Animals everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

robinph wrote: »
    Sometimes I'll stop and try and help or give directions, other times not. Depends on my mood, the weather, where I am at the time, if I can be bothered, how they approach me in the first place.
    Gavlor wrote: »
    Are you referring to your style of modding??????

Send 'em off, ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Send 'em off, ref.

Screw you rat boy!!

I bet you had your own daughter sin binned at the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

but the dubs have an extra special way of being dicks).

Some Dubs, just like some people. Bleeding culchies with their generalisations.

(yes, I'm well aware of the purposeful generalisation )

Any polite Dub would have helped the taxi driver and not ran out in front of a car as we don't think everyone in the big smoke is out to get us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Some Dubs, just like some people. Bleeding culchies with their generalisations..

Bloody Irish ... always fighting eachother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I would have helped the taxi if I knew where the hell I was, nevermind where he wanted to go. And yes, it was a generalization, but a very specific one 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

Puy de Dóme, Pinot Noir, 2012. (SuperValu €10ish)
    Straight out of an arsehole somewhere, rank stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

Puy de Dóme, Pinot Noir, 2012. (SuperValu €10ish)
    Straight out of an arsehole somewhere, rank stuff.

You could try drinking it next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Lucky he said that as it would OF spoiled the rest of the run thinking about it.

Proud to be illiterate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

davedanon wrote: »
    Proud to be illiterate?

nazi.jpg

• Advertisement

Ho hum. I'm happy with the 'being right' thing, on balance.

haha. And then I have to edit a misspelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

"Ryan and Reid played their part as well but the nine point deficit against Wasps must of had O’Connor seething."

This is from THE IRISH TIMES. I know they've outsourced their subbing, but even so, if the Irish NEWSPAPER OF RECORD can descend to this level of illiteracy, then what hope is there for the world?
    I would of hoped for better from them alright.
    Lucky he said that as it would OF spoiled the rest of the run thinking about it.

Proud to be illiterate?

i don't think either of the lads are illiterate. They're just making a joke based on the original article you ranted about. I would have thought the fact that PaulieC capitalised OF makes this obvious?

yaboya1 wrote: »
    i don't think either of the lads are illiterate. They're just making a joke based on the original article you ranted about. I would have thought the fact that PaulieC capitalised OF makes this obvious?

mmmm....okaaaay. I didn't read it like that. Maybe because my rant is going back a bit though now. But, let it never be said of us grammar nazis that we lack a sense of humour. Now that
    would be wrong.

mmmm....okaaaay. I didn't read it like that. Maybe because my rant is going back a bit though now. But, let it never be said of us grammar nazis that we lack a sense of humour. Now that
    would be wrong.

Yes, it was a specific reference to your/you're rant. Believe me, I'm right up there when it comes to being a pedantic grammar Nazi.

While I'm here rant: being a pedantic grammar Nazi. It's almost impossible to read the internets without getting anxious due to bad spelling/grammar/punctuation/txt spk/malapropisms. Oddly enough, I quite like stuff like LOLZ and LMFAO.

yaboya1 wrote: »

Spot on. I can't believe that a nerd was unable to spot the nerdy joke!

Spot on. I can't believe that a nerd was unable to spot the nerdy joke!

Well, the first one was obviously a reply to my rant. I did get that. After a few days though, I wasn't sure about the second one. Still getting used to people's little ways around here, not sure how long the collective memory is. On another site I'm on, some of the memes and running gags have been going for a decade or more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Start ranting or the ranting ss will be on

#1 brass monkeys in taxis gettin their phi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

ultraman1 wrote: »

??

#rant - used to be able to understand um1's rants - losing my touch :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

kit3 wrote: »
    ??

#rant - used to be able to understand um1's rants - losing my touch :rolleyes:

Rhyming slang

ultraman1 wrote: »

Are you headbutting the keyboard instead of typing??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Mod/

Some posts deleted guys, keep it civil.

/Mod

Stupid tapering. And stupid next wed cos I'll be in bits and still won't be able to run proper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Stupid tapering. And stupid next wed cos I'll be in bits and still won't be able to run proper.

What about stupid Tuesday?

I meant stupid next week 😃

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Ads for triathlon hotels and training at the bottom of my screen when reading thru the a/r forum,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

Finnt wrote: »
    Ads for triathlon hotels and training at the bottom of my screen when reading thru the a/r forum,

Disneyland Paris here, got me spot on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Adblock addons for chrome and firefox stops all that.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Sitting in a GP waiting room, already a half hour past my scheduled appointment time. Chris Barry (or Adrian Kennedy, they're all the same) on the radio with every skanger in Dublin calling in who are all experts with what happened on the M7 last night, and I'm genuinely the only one so far without a medical card ffs.

This is how I imagine how hells waiting room is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,617 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ice Bucket Challenge. Where's it gone?:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement