Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Rant Thread MKII (a new place to dump ur baggage)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Yeah, hard to fathom G.
    Sea-lions, Bengal tigers, Lions, Llamas amongst others:(:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Tell me about it:mad: Makes for 1 f**k off long day!!! And pre DCM as well, the kids will be lucky if they survive until dinner time with my nerves!!

The hour didn't bother my two, 2 and 4 year old. Both woke at half six. Youngest got tired at midday but held off till one for normal sleep. Both out for the count now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

Ryanair having 1/2 page color adds in the middle of each page that there is a boarding pass on. Have not traveled with those muppets in about 10 years and the is another reason why. That and I can't "check in" for the return leg until I go on holidays but if I want to pay for seats then that grand I can check in now.

People (not any of the novices) who won't listen to your advice and only ever run marathon pace in long run training and ran the first half of the marathon on target pace and are now running 2 mins per mile slower than they started but yet, they know it all:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: It won't be a pretty finish.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Ososlo wrote: »
    People (not any of the novices) who won't listen to your advice and only ever run marathon pace in long run training and ran the first half of the marathon on target pace and are now running 2 mins per mile slower than they started but yet, they know it all:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: It won't be a pretty finish.............
    Was over between the 17 and 18 mile and a lot of people are struggling. Its going to be a long last few miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Rant:
    Needing to have a sit down shower after a race:(

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Being afraid to fall asleep cause u know there's going b cramps after a hard race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Bulmers74 wrote: »
    Being afraid to fall asleep cause u know there's going b cramps after a hard race

FFS, why aren't you in the pub or dribbling a kebab all over your shirt!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

FFS, why aren't you in the pub or dribbling a kebab all over your shirt!

TbL

#shattered.com - I'm not as young as I used to be ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Experts.....U gotta love dem......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Experts.....U gotta love dem......

context?

davedanon wrote: »
    context?
    It's a rant bud....not a discussion thread...

Ok, but what are you talking about? Which experts?

Ok, but what are you talking about? Which experts?
    Am I on a couch....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Am I on a couch....

No, but u shud probelbe be on 1, a psychiatrists :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

48 hours later and PERFECT marathon weather 😣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

feeling a bit low since Monday, definitely did the wrong thing yesterday i.e. lounging around all day by myself.
    Best get back to running today, feels like I've done nothing for ages...

PaulieC wrote: »
    feeling a bit low since Monday, definitely did the wrong thing yesterday i.e. lounging around all day by myself.
    Best get back to running today, feels like I've done nothing for ages...

god, I hope that's a joke. Didn't feel too bad after, but running is off the agenda for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

Rant: meteor suck at customer care. I get hammered in a bill and then they want to penalise me for changing my plan to one that costs a little more and means I stay with them? Silly way to do business, I plan on moving.

• Advertisement

Internet bullying.

edit

at least someone had the good grace to delete some of the comments/ insults. I don't stand for this kind of **** be warned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,620 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Scummy "pranks." The ones you see that are labeled as pranks and funny. People entering a lift, and then the lights go out and come back on with a weird scary and freaky looking child/adult standing beside them. It then might scream at them. It's not a prank, and it's not fooking funny. It's quite dangerous, and nasty. If it was me I'd rip the head of the person!:)

Ososlo wrote: »
    Internet bullying.

edit

at least someone had the good grace to delete some of the comments/ insults. I don't stand for this kind of **** be warned.

Oh the irony :)
    I post the above about bullying going on a new forum. Moderator/ admin says I'm not being bullied but proceeds to edit all posts to rid them of said bullying.
    Actually I should be on the rave thread it's so funny lol.
    So it's Day 2. Wonder how many it'll last before someone has to call a solicitor lol..

Sister forum? what/where's that then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Peterx

I don't like the lists of times table in the marathon thread. I wanna read the stories, not look at endless lists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Days when everything in the canteen in work is an absolute depth charge. Options today were fried chicken and chips, some sort of cheesy polenta dish and a lasagne which looked like it had more cheese than anything else...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Peterx wrote: »
    I don't like the lists of times table in the marathon thread. I wanna read the stories, not look at endless lists.

Remember that for next year and create them a Google doc to mess about with numbers in, like with the 1000 mile thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Probably get a ban for linking to it :pac:

In all seriousness though I wish all the fighting would stop. That's not a dig at anyone in particular here or anyone there. Too much sniping going on. Just want to see all the drama over and done with.

Probably get a ban for linking to it :pac:

In all seriousness though I wish all the fighting would stop. That's not a dig at anyone in particular here or anyone there. Too much sniping going on. Just want to see all the drama over and done with.

Completely agree pm but when prople post stuff about me on a public forum which is unjust and unfair I'll fight back to the bitter end.
    All i want to do is to train hard and discuss running. And that's all I ever wanted to do since I joined 2 years ago

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Just a disappointing situation all round really, but at the end of the day people join and leave forums all the time and we just move on and different people take a bigger role and the same thing will happen here in due course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Sister forum? Have Brothers pearse set up a running board? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

adrian522 wrote: »
    Just a disappointing situation all round really, but at the end of the day people join and leave forums all the time and we just move on and different people take a bigger role and the same thing will happen here in due course.

usually people drift away, this time there were more public "**** yis, I'm off":) declarations, but people stop posting on forums all the time. When I started posting here people like hunnymonster, --amadeus-- and thirtyfoot/tingle were all over the place, letyourselfgo posted a lot more when he was woddle, and there are plenty of others that have gone from frequent to occasional posters.
    Sunrise, sunset, and so on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭Vito Andolini

Am I the only one that thinks the rant thread should be locked?it started as a kind of joke thread it does nothing now only stir sh!t?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,620 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Am I the only one that thinks the rant thread should be locked?it started as a kind of joke thread it does nothing now only stir sh!t?

Best rant so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The rash of people leaving this time is nothing to do with naturally drifting away but a lot to do with the recent, and at times ongoing, nonsense and crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Yes, what have I missed and where is this mystery forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭Vito Andolini

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Yes, what have I missed and where is this mystery forum?

DrQ's new running discussion forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

"Dry" hotels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

digger2d2 wrote: »
    "Dry" hotels

I thought you were coming here to rant that the picture of you in your Ireland Tracksuit didn't make the journal article :p

digger2d2 wrote: »
    "Dry" hotels
    Wats hotel Qatar slang for...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Not really a rant as i'm not a big soccer fan or anti Liverpool but came across the Liverpool Store in the Ilac centre this evening. Never knew such a thing existed but some of tackiest clothing items you could ever imagine are kept there.

My eyes still burn from the purple kiddies range

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

chinguetti wrote: »
    Not really a rant as i'm not a big soccer fan or anti Liverpool but came across the Liverpool Store in the Ilac centre this evening. Never knew such a thing existed but some of tackiest clothing items you could ever imagine are kept there.

My eyes still burn from the purple kiddies range
    Ha Ha, remember the Man U store? Didn't last long:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Quirkys quotes thread 'closed'..............FFS

Don't normally rant on here, but this is a tad strange, given that he didn't even start the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Place has gone to the dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Quirkys quotes thread 'closed'..............FFS

Don't normally rant on here, but this is a tad strange, given that he didn't even start the thread.
    blockic wrote: »
    Place has gone to the dogs.

If people spent more time discussing athletics rather than threads like that it might improve the overall quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Rant#1 Moderators trying to dictate what we rant about :D:D (@you pconn there, but in a nice way :) )
    Rant #2 Rants being nit picked by fookers with little else for doing...(over the last couple of weeks)

RANT Leave the rant thread alone... (to an extent).... To many haters...
    It's a good way of blowing off steam, leave all the politically correctness at the door... If you are easily offended, fook off .....

(I'll probably get a ban, but fook it, I mean it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

It is not a "say whatever you like thread". There is no such place. Any post on the forum has to be within the rules of the forum. Maybe the thread should close if people don't understand that

Aw, boo. And I was just gonna post an angry tirade at blacks, jews, women, gays and anyone else I can think of that doesn't look/act/think like me. Are you saying I can't do this? Right, I'm off to 8Chan....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Aw, boo. And I was just gonna post an angry tirade at blacks, jews, women, gays and anyone else I can think of that doesn't look/act/think like me. Are you saying I can't do this? Right, I'm off to 8Chan....

I'm a black jewish gay woman* and I don't mind. Just don't call me overweight though :D
    * I'm not really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Rant#1 Moderators trying to dictate what we rant about :D:D (@you pconn there, but in a nice way :) )
    Rant #2 Rants being nit picked by fookers with little else for doing...(over the last couple of weeks)

RANT Leave the rant thread alone... (to an extent).... To many haters...
    It's a good way of blowing off steam, leave all the politically correctness at the door... If you are easily offended, fook off .....

(I'll probably get a ban, but fook it, I mean it)

I ain't telling anyone what they can or can't post about. Rant away, just would be nice to see more athletics chat from the regular posters rather than just threads like this. But I'm old fashioned like that. ;) anyway, back to work.

• Advertisement

Actually someone I knew really well once asked if I thought she was fat (She was). I thought carefully as I knew she really wanted to know what I thought. "Yes", I said finally. POW, smack across the chops. HARD. "I'm ****ing overweight, not FAT", she hissed.

True story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement