Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Rant Thread MKII (a new place to dump ur baggage)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

davedanon wrote: »
    Actually someone I knew really well once asked if I thought she was fat (She was). I thought carefully as I knew she really wanted to know what I thought. "Yes", I said finally. POW, smack across the chops. HARD. "I'm ****ing overweight, not FAT", she hissed.

True story.

Jaysus, given she asked the question you would assume she knew the answer. Did you mention taking up running to her???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Jaysus, given she asked the question you would assume she knew the answer. Did you mention taking up running to her???

Heh. The point was I used the wrong term, saying 'fat' instead of 'overweight'. I'd be interested to know if other overweight people would think the same. There's hardly any around here though.

Take up running? Haha. At the time I wasn't running. At the time I was a c*ke fiend.

Heh. The point was I used the wrong term, saying 'fat' instead of 'overweight'. I'd be interested to know if other overweight people would think the same. There's hardly any around here though.

Take up running? Haha. At the time I wasn't running. At the time I was a c*ke fiend.

Ah how times change!!! On the overweight/ fat topic my sister had gained quite a bit of weight slowly and even though she was nt comfortable with it she still had lots of excuses. Anyways she was saying to me one day she was too busy too exercise, eat properly etc so I told her if she was happy, grand, but if she was nt quit making excuses and start planning. She lost 1.5 stone and kept it off no bother. She now looks back and says I can't believe I was so fat! At the time if the fat word was mentioned she would have flipped so yes I'd say a lot of people are the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

That sinking feeling when you realise you have been browsing this forum all morning on the customer's VPN. In for a nice chat later. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Another one gone, FFS!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

tang1 wrote: »
    Another one gone, FFS!!

Who??

Bulmers74 wrote: »
    Who??

Digger.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

tang1 wrote: »
    Digger.

Phew! - let's face it, he was no ecoli;)

Must be a contractual thing to do with his managerial genius ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

A 5 miler I want to do and Harlequins v Leinster are on the same day at exact opposite sides of the city. Already have tickets for the match so no race for me. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'll take the tickets if it will help you out? I very helpful like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

getting out of work early only to have to wait 30mins for next bus. balls to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Gavlor's cousins driving their tractors on the N25 today - ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Snowing...feckin snowing! :(

Raining...feckin raining! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

blockic wrote: »
    Snowing...feckin snowing! :(

Forgot you were away for a second - was getting excited :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Old blokes who don't look old.

Prizes in yesterdays race for 1st finisher, 1/2/3 SM and 1/2/3 M40. I finished in 5th place and got nothing as it was all vet 40's in front of me and all the senior men behind me. I knew one of them infront was an old bloke, but the others looked far too sprightly to be vets. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

robinph wrote: »
    Old blokes who don't look old.

Prizes in yesterdays race for 1st finisher, 1/2/3 SM and 1/2/3 M40. I finished in 5th place and got nothing as it was all vet 40's in front of me and all the senior men behind me. I knew one of them infront was an old bloke, but the others looked far too sprightly to be vets. :(

I get the opposite - old blokes coming up to me after races to check I'm not in their age category. Okay, I may look like I have one foot in the grave right after a race, but I'm only M40!

RayCun wrote: »
    I get the opposite - old blokes coming up to me after races to check I'm not in their age category. Okay, I may look like I have one foot in the grave right after a race, but I'm only M40!

Hi Ray, met you just before tymon parkrun on Saturday, and personally i'm relieved to hear how young you are, because I had been thinking bloody hell, all these guys my age and they're smashing 3 hours left, right and centre. There's hope for me yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I had some old guy coming up to me after a race this year (Tralee marathon I think) and enquiring what age group I was in. He celebrated widely when I told him.

Rant 1 : Hey, how old I look! :mad:

Rant 2: Old blokes competing against other old blokes. Next time run faster and take on the whippersnappers! Age group prizes are for consolation only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I'm not proud, I'll take a pity medal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I'm not proud, I'll take a pity medal :D

Me too. :D I have plenty more pity medals than real ones myself!

P.S. I was going to add that that I value the real medals much more until I remembered the Tralee geezer trophies proudly displayed on my mantelpiece. :rolleyes: Do as I say, not as I do :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

3rd prize for senior man going to the person finishing in 9th place. These youngsters really need to up their game if they are getting beaten by that many old codgers.

I'm not bitter about missing out on a bottle of booze... honest. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Letsrun's new board style. Maybe I'm just a cranky git who doesn't like change but WTF? It's like taking a trip on the wayback machine to 1999. Y2K is coming!! Hopefully it crashes their servers and they have to put up the old style again.

Love/hate tonight, I feel sick after it! Never again. Poor Joe Duffy will be run off his feet tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Love/hate tonight, I feel sick after it! Never again. Poor Joe Duffy will be run off his feet tomorrow!

yeah I think I'll stick to Downton Abbey on Sunday night myself from now on where all we have to worry about is Lady Mary's new haircut:D

Buttock clenching:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

i didnt even see love/hate and i traumatised by it ;)

i didnt even see love/hate and i traumatised by it ;)
    I wish to feck I did nt. I'm still not right and I actually switched it before the worst parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

Heard best story today. A guys wife got induced. He was at home. He got the phone call that he should come in so rather than hopping in the car he put on his running gear to run into the hospital. This resulted in him missing the birth.

• Advertisement

Vomiting bugs, so disgusting and been struck down with no warning AND been the 1 st one in the house to get it so can look forward to the kids having it!

Noises in the attic :mad:

kit3 wrote: »
    Noises in the attic :mad:

Bats, rats or things that go bump in the night?

Bats, rats or things that go bump in the night?

Confirmed as a rat I'm afraid - open water tank & eldest sick for last few weeks - big clear out tomorrow & heading to doc with him just in case :(

kit3 wrote: »
    Confirmed as a rat I'm afraid - open water tank & eldest sick for last few weeks - big clear out tomorrow & heading to doc with him just in case :(

Oh God that's bad. Hope all goes well at the doctors.

You know you're getting old when you don't know most of the singers on the new Band Aid single.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

gerard_65 wrote: »
    You know you're getting when you don't know most of the singers on the new Band Aid single.

You know you're getting old when you forget to put words in your sentences :P

gerard_65 wrote: »
    You know you're getting when you don't know most of the singers on the new Band Aid single.

The fat bloke with the funny glasses and the broken arm who can't sing for **** seems vaguely familiar though.

You know you're getting old when you forget to put words in your sentences :P
    lol, took me a couple of minutes to work that out.:D
    (and I've read over this a few times to make sure)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,709 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Geldof still dining out on Band Aid!

Maybe next year he can run it for the water charges?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

****ing WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Who the fock txts into a radio station for 20 cent a pop .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Good Jaysus ..Next he be looking for the discount code

Gym Heros.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

GUYS in gyms which huge massive arms and den tiny notepads and pens to keep track of reps

Club members cutting corners at parkruns, abusing the volunteers, denying doing anything wrong...

...me having to sort them out. :mad:

Club members cutting corners at parkruns, abusing the volunteers, denying doing anything wrong...

NAME AND SHAME!

NAME AND SHAME!

Don't worry, it's nobody any of you lot will ever encounter in Ireland. It really depressing to have to sort out crap like this though and repair the damage. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

That sounds like a really dodgy club you are involved with. I'm glad I've nothing to do with them personally! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Charities wanting a fundraising commitment of £10k for a London Marathon place. Kindly take that place, turn it sideways and stick it where the sun don't shine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Charities wanting a fundraising commitment of £10k for a London Marathon place. Kindly take that place, turn it sideways and stick it where the sun don't shine.

:eek: Do they not have a discount code?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement