Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much do solictors charge?

Options
  • 27-01-2014 8:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭

Looking to rent a retail unit but been told I will need a solicitor. any idea how much they charge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

joegdoyle wrote: »
    Looking to rent a retail unit but been told I will need a solicitor. any idea how much they charge?

I hear that a pound of flesh is the going rate :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

joegdoyle wrote: »

Shop around. They don't have set charges. Buying a house will cost around €1500 so I'd GUESS around that figure. Bear in mind they may quote ex vat for business customers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭joegdoyle

Thanks I think ill give some a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Get a recommendation for a solicitor and don't rely on cost only. With solicitors there are a lot of cowboys out there. There are also very good ones. I made the mistake of being dictated by cost once - paid peanuts and got a monkey. It was a lesson well learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

A commercial lease is similar in working terms to buying a house, expect a similar cost, Solicitors almost always quite ex VAT so be sure to clarify that if isn't clear from the estimate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement