Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Plus problems

• 03-07-2005 9:44pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got my Sky plus box just under a year ago and over the last few weeks it is starting to play up.At the start it just failed to record some programes,then it started to delete programs that were half watched.And I came in today and some programs that were not watched are down on the box as failed...now these programes did record a few days ago but they are gone now.And I have aload of space still on the memory.

Any ideas...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Grayarea

You can power cycle the box then do a programe rebuild, if that does not fix it the I think a full reset may be your only hope.

Both rebuild and full reset are in the installer menu access by service button 4 0 1 select.

Hopefully the disk structure is just old, otherwise it could be the HD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If its just under a year old it is probably still under guarantee.
    Contact Sky before the guarantee runs out.
    Make sure you get some sort of call reference so that they can't get off the hook by saying that they have no record of the call if you are really close to end of the guarantee period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

You could try a RAM Backup.

Caution this procedure will delete all recording on your Sky+ box.

Remove mains plug from the back of the Sky+ box. (There is now no red light on the front of the box)

Press and HOLD IN the right and left arrow buttons each side of the SELECT button on the front of the Sky+ box.

Reconnect the mains supply to the box while you continue to keep the left and right buttons pressed in for approx 35 seconds.

The circular light on the centre of the front of the box will light up.

Release the buttons and immediately press the SELECT button, the green light on the front of the box will rotate anti-clockwise for 15 seconds.

The Sky+ box will then revert to standby and the red light will come on, in the front of the box.

Leave for 1 minute and then switch on as normal.

Advertisement