Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone's Sky EPG software updated yet?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

looking great

no, i havent received it yet. maybe my other Sky box has though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

just did a forced download on a panasonic and its not there yet

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Looks good, but is the next planned update later this year going to change the way the S&S banner is and the EPG, im getting fed up of the current one its too old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

Does anyone remember when ntl changed the look of their EPG? Enough said! :D

The EPG won't be changing too much - I'd imagine they'd just update the colour scheme to a dark and light silver / gray, which seems to be their new corporate colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Just noticed my panasonic box has the update.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Grundig + FTV not yet , still on EPG 3.2.11

What version is the new EPG ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

New EPG ver is 3.3a.6

For those of you doing forced downloads - apparently this can cause it take even longer for you box to update.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

yea i heard that the new sorfware is in the EPROM and has a set date for install on it, also there is a timer built into it aswell to only install after no activity like 4 hours or so, its generally installed at around four in the monring.

But because im on sky+ im going to have to wait.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

For those of you doing forced downloads - apparently this can cause it take even longer for you box to update.
    Not to mention the small risk of trashing your box, IMHO it's not worth forcing it for the sake of a few days.

• Advertisement

True, and if you cause your box to miss the update by continually forcing updates onto it (and erasing the upgrade), you will have to wait untill all the other 50+ models of digibox have been updated, before they send out the new version for your box again - and this could take months to do! As you say, it's not worth it for the sake of a few days...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've a Panasonic box but no update as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Does this update include an off timer?

The reason I ask is because I've had 2 boxes die on me and the only reason I can see is that they get too hot being left on for to long.

I usually go to bed bout midnight and set the tv for 90mins but I cant do the same for my digibox?

When I wake up in the morning the tv is off but the digibox is still on.I beleive this is killing my digiboxes. :eek:

X

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Xcom2 wrote:
    Does this update include an off timer?

The reason I ask is because I've had 2 boxes die on me and the only reason I can see is that they get too hot being left on for to long.

I usually go to bed bout midnight and set the tv for 90mins but I cant do the same for my digibox?

When I wake up in the morning the tv is off but the digibox is still on.I beleive this is killing my digiboxes. :eek:

X

I'll second that and a recall button!!!!

byte

Well, even when you put the digibox into standby, it's still more or less using the same power, the video outputs are just off. It is like this, so that it can download updates and perform callbacks even when in standby.

As for a Recall option, now that would be useful!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

sorry guys, but are sky+ boxes not getting an upgrade?

byte

I think all boxes will get the upgrades, it's just a phased process so could take some time.

Ozzie wrote:
    sorry guys, but are sky+ boxes not getting an upgrade?

Not until ALL the sky boxes get the update - I believe the sky+ updates are scheduled from July onwards, could be wrong though :)

anyone receive it yet. my box was in standby yesterday when i got home so i thought

my thoughts were wrong :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

have it on 1 out of 4 boxes (all pace, but different models)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

My Pace updated yesterday.I got this digibox in 2000. I have a grundig around the same age which still has to update. This uses a ftv card.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

Pace 2300 (1999) was updated today at 7a.m. went to channel 998.
    Sky+ not updated yet - no surprise there, as Sky+ boxes tend to lag behind
    in the updates. The last update was a full 3 months late.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Jimbojimbo

I have got the upgrade on a PACE. I use parental control - over 18's, but the upgrade seems to applied a PIN request to 'Other Channels' under the services menu. This is a bit extreme as that's where I have CBeebies and CBBC (Nothing exlse except for radio). Anyone else got the same problem?

jimbo

i arrived home tonight to find that the box here hasnt received it either :mad: but that too is a Sky+ and as mentioned they are nearly always last for upgrades

Mossy Monk wrote:
    but that too is a Sky+ and as mentioned they are nearly always last for upgrades

They're not supposed to get the update until June onwards, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

pace 2200 updated a couple of days ago strangly after i tried a forced upgrade and the a day layter the new epg came down (coincidence?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Got the upgarde today . Is there anything more to it than subtitles on the help button

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭dosfromclare

Wonder if anyone has seen this on upgrade on Sky+ yet ?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i got the upgrade on my pace skybox on sat morning. still hasnt updated my 4 yr old Grundig and my sky+ box is still on the same original versions too

• Advertisement
Advertisement