Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build wont power up

Options
  • 20-10-2014 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi All,

Fairly good with computers and have built some before. I bought a new psu and case for a side computer that I had parts lying around to us. I have assembled the PC and hooked everything up. When I try to turn the pc on with the power switch nothing happens at all. Anyone have any advice on what to do next? Psu doesn't have a light so I can't see if its that or something else

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Thorin

Not enough info to diagnose here. If you have other computers on hand, you could try swapping out the PSU to test with, or replacing connectors and leads. If this is all new equipment, you've got a dud somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Thanks for the reply. sorted the issue out, it seems to have be an issue with the psu cable, switched it out and it instantly worked.

Advertisement