Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Input Requested for New Build, please!

• 20-10-2014 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

1. What is your budget? [€1500]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming!

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No.

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Eventually, but not at first

8. How can you pay? Visa Debit

9. When are you purchasing? January/February '15!

Done a hell of a lot of reading the last few months to get my knowledge up to the level it's at right now, and finally have what I think is a serviceable list of parts. I think I'm ready to begin consulting with real people who know more than me at this stage :)

Areas I'm sketchy on are things like Mobo's and compatibility (what are the main points I should be aware of regarding CPUs etc!), type and quantity of RAM, and finally length of video card and what issues this can cause and the like.

Aspiring to get 1080p/60 for the next few years on new releases at high/very high settings. If I could get that type of performance for the release of the Witcher 3 I think that oughta bode well for the future-proofedness for a while at least. So with that in consideration I'm waiting until next year to get the money together and also see what Recommended Specs are for the Witcher 3 :)

Appreciate anyone taking the time to help me out!

What I have thrown together so far:

Unable to post link so here is the unique part of what would be my part picker link!

/user/MenuSourceAuto/saved/yVFCmG

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MenuSourceAuto

If anyone is having difficulty seeing the part picker setup, here is the list of parts. (guess I should have done that straight away!).

Thanks

CPU: Intel Core i7 i7-4790K CPU (Quad Core 4GHz, Socket H3 LGA-1150)
    GPU: Nvidia GTX970
    SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
    HDD: WD 1TB 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Blue
    Case: CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced
    PSU: Corsair CX750M
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING GT LGA 1150 Z97 Gaming Audio and Networking 4-Way SLI ATX Motherboard
    RAM: G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600 RipjawsX, F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM

When priced on Amazon, comes to roughly 1570 Euros.
    And 1496 Euros on Hardwareversand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Ninjah Tigah

Hmm,

9. When are you purchasing? January/February '15!

If I were you, I wouldn't put together a build until closer to the date, that's a long time away in terms of Hardware and there will be quite a price gap between items from now compared to January/February. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Idunno442

If you really wanted to spend 1500 you could go for x99 build.
    CPU - i7 5820K - €346.57
    Motherboard - MSI x99S SLI PLUS - €185.61
    RAM - 8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 - €102.34
    GPU - Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980 - €604.90
    HDD - WD Blue 1TB - €47.50
    PSU - Corsair CX 500W Modular - €57.90
    Case - Cooler Master HAF 912 Adv - €75.99
    Optical Drive - LG DH18NS - €10.86
    CPU Cooler - Deepcool Lucifer 140 - €37.98
    SSD - Crucial MX100 128GB - €59.34
    TOTAL 1528.99 =Hardwareversand using Geizhals=
    I don't know if theres really any point in getting an x99 setup, like if it will improve gaming, but if you could it might be worth it.
    OR you could go with the same setup using z97 instead and swap for these:
    CPU - i7 4970K - €301.37
    Motherboard - Gigabyte z97X Gaming 5 - €128.06
    RAM - 8GB G.SKill Ripjaws X 1866 CL8 -€74.89
    TOTAL €1398.79 =Hardwareversand using Geizhals=

If you wanted to save some money you could swap the GTX 980 for the Gigabytes G1 Gaming 970 and save €150. Leaving the x99 just under €1400 or z97 for €1250.

The x99 is very likely complete overkill, just thinking of how I might spend the money.

Like above said, probably best off to wait til after Christmas to spec up the build if your not buying til January or February.

Oh, totally forgot to put windows into that. Possibly reddit software swap ~€20 or so.

Advertisement