Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on this build?

Options
  • 19-10-2014 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi,

Would anyone like to offer a second opinion on this build? Most demanding work this for PC would be game development and gaming. Also, a few things I'm curious about. Thanks.

The windows language on hardwareversend is german. Can I change to english?

Also, haven't used windows 8/8.1 much, but can't say I'm very fond of what have seen. I like the win 7 layout, but it would be useful for me to have 8.1 on a decent machine for testing. Any thoughts on this?

[Upgrade Kit] 319.00
    CPU: i5 4590
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA H97 HD3
    RAM: 8GB Crucial 1600 mhz

[GPU] 197.59
    Gigabyte Geforce 760 2GB

[HD] 49.97
    WD Blue 1 TB

[PSU] 58.23
    EVGA 600B

[Case] 32.30
    Antec 4000B

[DVD] 11.76
    Samsung DVD RW

[Monitor] 119.00
    Samsung 24"

[OS] 86.72
    Windows 8.1 64 Bit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

As was saying to a guy in another build. Be quiet 7 600w. 62 using Geizhals.de/hardwareversand.de

Try put more in the case.

Get your windows on reddit. 15 euro. Put that onto Something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

Checked reviews on newegg for CX 600, and there seems to be a lot of issues with it. Had a corsair in current comp, and no problems with it, but it is a TX. Couldn't find many reviews on the be quiet, but the EVGA 600 seems to be getting solid reviews on new egg.

Also swapped out the case for an Antec, which seems to be a decent low cost case.

Am a little dubious about windows for 15... is it legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Windows is ligit. A lot of people here get it from there. Should be a tread there somewhere.

The 600w I posted is a silver rated. Most be bronze. At 62 its vest value for money 600w. Not that you really need it for your build. A 500 would do for them parts.

Trust me a good case is worthwhile investment. Don't need all that extra noise and heat due to a cheap case not to mention being annoying to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

Apparently the windows key thing on reddit has been shut down.

Yeah, noticed the other ones were bronze. Does silver rated suggest better quality components/build, or is it just about the energy efficiency? You reckon the be quiet psus have good longevity?

Guess a good case could house numerous sets of components. Reckon the Antec is good enough, or is there something else you'd recommend? Don't care about the aesthetics at all, mostly interested in longevity & value for money.

Advertisement