Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Damage cuased by lowering Torsion Bar.

Options
  • 12-03-2014 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I see alot of Xsaras,306s and saxos slammed (felted) on the ground on the different forums. Coilovers on front, lowered a few "nicks" on the back. I assume lowering torsion bars ain't a good idea, but just wondering what damage exactly does it do to the car?

exhibit A

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

None if done properly and not done to the extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

None if done properly and not done to the extreme.

Seriously? Jeez, I wasn't aware of that. You learn something new every day.

Also how do you mean done properly? Is there a certain way to do it?

Thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Manufacturer warranty covered aftermarket springs, better than original shocks etc.

Cutting springs and cheap coilovers will only put your suspension under more pressure and spacers don't help either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Manufacturer warranty covered aftermarket springs, better than original shocks etc.

Cutting springs and cheap coilovers will only put your suspension under more pressure and spacers don't help eithe
    r

But, I thought, pre 2003 on 306, Saxos, Xsaras and 106s the back axels had torsion bar. I'm sure the front had standard shocks. Meaning that a coilovers or lowering spring wouldn't fit the back??

I think ye took me up wrong..
    But here is a guide on lowering the rear of a 306 might help explain better.. Click here

Thanks.

Advertisement