Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan primastar radio problem

Options
  • 09-03-2014 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi I bought a nissan primastar 2005 last year . The radio , is the standard (renault) radio, however its not evens asking for the code. When I press the power button I can here the cd player firing up and if u hit a button, you hear a beep.....but thats it , there is no prompt to enter the code and nothing displaying on the screen....??? Anyone encounter this before ??? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is this a recent problem or was it like this since you bought it?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mickell

biko wrote: »
    Is this a recent problem or was it like this since you bought it?

Was like that when I both it , seller didn't say much about it other than he just which radios ? Maybe he arsed up the wiring .
    Just thought I'd ask, in case someone came across problem before !

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Have you checked that all leads are connected at back of radio . Plug yellow in colour is out to the display .

Have you checked that all leads are connected at back of radio . Plug yellow in colour is out to the display .

Cool, I'll check that out and get back to ya , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

As iam says, check wiring but I'm afraid from experience with renault radios, if it doesn't work and beeps on buttons, its a gonner:(

• Advertisement

As iam says, check wiring but I'm afraid from experience with renault radios, if it doesn't work and beeps on buttons, its a gonner:(

I repair these radios and many others on a daily basis and I find Renault radios to be very reliable. Usual fault when display is not working is that water has worked its way along the loom and onto the circuit board. If got in time this fault is repairable.

I'll check it out and let ye know , thanks lads

Do I need a prongs to take the renault radio out, there is a hole in each corner and it seems fairly tight in dash.

Good man , the yellow plug was indeed out , I input the code and the raio works......in one speaker only ! ?.?
    Also the radio stays lit up after keys taken out , just the buttoms , this as always being the case.

mickell wrote: »
    Good man , the yellow plug was indeed out , I input the code and the raio works......in one speaker only ! ?.?
    Also the radio stays lit up after keys taken out , just the buttoms , this as always being the case.

You could check Balance and Fader settings which might get other speakers to work.

You could check Balance and Fader settings which might get other speakers to work.

Ok , I check tkis on the radio itself ya?

• Advertisement

Ok , I check tkis on the radio itself ya?

Yes,

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aman_5095

sorry to bump

i have a nissan primastar 2006. just replaced the radio in it. its working but its jumping stations. there is no diaplay coming up so i can even swith the af off. any help welcome thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aman_5095

Hi I bought a nissan primastar 2005 last year . The radio , is the standard (renault) radio, however its not evens asking for the code. When I press the power button I can here the cd player firing up and if u hit a button, you hear a beep.....but thats it , there is no prompt to enter the code and nothing displaying on the screen....??? Anyone encounter this before ??? Thanks

sorry to bump

i have a nissan primastar 2006. just replaced the radio in it. its working but its jumping stations. there is no diaplay coming up so i can even swith the af off. any help welcome thanks

Advertisement