Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo Chrome window weather strip

Options
  • 04-03-2014 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭

I posted this in another forum, but they won't reply to me... so as a last resort I came here :rolleyes:

Anyway I want to change the window weather strips (at the bottom of the window) on the mondeo from the plastic ones to the chrome type ones which are on the titanium spec. Here's what I'm on about...

From this
    21n43r8.png

To this
    nmb24j.png

To replace the actual strip, it works out expensive, and you can't change the bit on the small window at the back to chrome without changing the whole window! So I was thinking, as a cheap alternative would something like this work. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190711447685?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
    I don't know if it works or how it works (I'm assuming it sticks on over the original strip). Anyone had any experience with this stuff?

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No. No. No.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    No. No. No.

Yeah? Why? Is it that stuff or the general idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Those stick on chrome strips always look awful. I like the general idea though.
    OEM or nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Those stick on chrome strips always look awful. I like the general idea though.
    OEM or nothing.

Have to agree. It costs a bit more to do it right but at least when you get up close it looks so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Looking around, the rear quarter windows cost give or take €45, and the 4 strips of chrome for the windows are about €50ish, so it's about €140 for the job. I appreciate that the fake trim could look crap, but sure it's working out at about €30 from ebay. If it turns out crap, I won't be long peeling it off. Thanks anyway lads!

• Advertisement
Advertisement