Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

itv, ch4, ch5 not working on ftv card

Options
  • 20-06-2005 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Just got back from 4 weeks holiday and my ftv is not working in my digibox. I have a blue screen saying ring some number to upgrade my card? Has it been de activated, Can I re activate it myself?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

snaps wrote:
    Just got back from 4 weeks holiday and my ftv is not working in my digibox. I have a blue screen saying ring some number to upgrade my card? Has it been de activated, Can I re activate it myself?

Hi, was the box unplugged while you were away? if so leave it plugged in and wait 24 hours, all your channels will return.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Yes it was unplugged and yes they have returned after me returning from work today. Panic over thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

snaps wrote:

Maybe a FTV card sticky is worth a thought with the same questions been asked over and over!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Greenman wrote:
    Maybe a FTV card sticky is worth a thought with the same questions been asked over and over!!!!!!

Was just thinking the same thing. If ever a question needs to be "stickied" it's this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Heinz wrote:
    Patience vicar!

:D:p:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,549 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

How long does it take to deactivate from not being shoved in the box?

Now, I did do a search of the forums before asking but it didn't come up with an answer. Also I was worried as I put my card in and switched it on for over 4hours before I posted. It cleared after about 8 hours. Sorry Guys.

Well I reckon about four weeks to de activate?

4 days can be enough

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I think modifying the search function might help as guys seem to do a search on this and get no answers.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Just wondering, if one of these cards is used in a cam ..can they become disabled ?(apart from the 3-5 year period when all cards need replacing), not sure that its possible unless the skybox actually writes to the card itself which i doubt it does ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

Is the same thru of the newer FTV cards direct from SKU. I got one of those a while back using an English address and it is now not showing 5 or Channel 4, it has been out of the box for a while as I swap the cards as needed. Thx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Heinz

PoolDude wrote:
    Is the same thru of the newer FTV cards direct from SKU. I got one of those a while back using an English address and it is now not showing 5 or Channel 4, it has been out of the box for a while as I swap the cards as needed. Thx.
    If it's decrypting ITV1, Channel 4 or channel 5 (i.e. ANY of those 3), then it's a working card and just needs to be left in the box to catch up with it's 'stay alive' messages.

Leave it in the box until all 3 channels are ALL being decrypted again - taking it out again may put you back in the same position again within hours (which is why hot-swapping is always problematical).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

got my card yesterday
    itv took about 2 hours to decrypt and ch4 and five finally decrypted overnight

Advertisement