Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pixies to play again?????

Options
  • 15-04-2005 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

probably just a rumour but did anyone else hear that the pixies were goin to play ireland in the next year ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Yes, I did hear that rumour last week, but I that's all I heard.

They've recently announced US dates: http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-04/13.shtml#pixies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭cactushan

would be dream come true if they played here again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I was working in a pub accross the road from the Phoenix Park the day that gig was on cos it was getting mobbed so I only got to hear 5 minutes of the gig during my frenzied break in the car park of the pub (and I could only really hear it between the breaks in the CD they were blaring in the parking lot) so it'd be great if they played again... just for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭shelsfan

Yeah, apparently they're playing Lansdowne Road around 23rd August with Kings of Leon and Teenage Fanclub supporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

shelsfan wrote:
    Yeah, apparently they're playing Lansdowne Road around 23rd August with Kings of Leon and Teenage Fanclub supporting.

was just about to post this myself :D
    Yup - there was rumours that U2 would headline, but I dont think so....
    Pixies deffo fit the bill much better.
    Sounds like a great gig!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Jim_No.6

Score! That was the best concert I've ever been to - although I should have left before the Chilis..! :rolleyes:

I can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Jim_No.6 wrote:
    although I should have left before the Chilis..! :rolleyes:

Agreed! My pixies experience was definitely tainted by what came after.
    Can't wait to see them in a headlining concert. Roll on August!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭antifyre

not to be a wet blanket (that sounds like three bands from a very cool one day festival they could be creating), but is´nt Landsowne meant to be demolished next year and then rebuilt beside the original venue....I know it´s due to happen soon anyway,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

A Tuesday night though, ffs, this will be just for the Dubs so or the greater pale people :mad:

antifyre wrote:
    not to be a wet blanket (that sounds like three bands from a very cool one day festival they could be creating), but is´nt Landsowne meant to be demolished next year and then rebuilt beside the original venue....I know it´s due to happen soon anyway,

Not being smart but what has next year got to do with anything, gig is on in August?? Anyway the earliest the wrecking ball will hit the stadium is apparently 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

egan007 wrote:

Yahoo!!

well actually e59.50 is a bit steep but they're one of my favourite bands ever and I might not get another chance to see them so guess i'm gonna have to pay it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

pity scissor sisters are doin their own gig, they woulda been good as support, how big are kings of leon? i don't know how many pixies fans were at the chillis but i cou see this not selling too well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭SteM

how big are kings of leon? i don't know how many pixies fans were at the chillis but i cou see this not selling too well

I'd say a big chunk of the crowd at RHCP last summer were coaxed into going to see them again by the Pixies playing. I couldn't go up to the Pheonix Park but will be giving my left testicle to see them this time around. I'll predict that this show will sell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

pity scissor sisters are doin their own gig, they woulda been good as support, how big are kings of leon? i don't know how many pixies fans were at the chillis but i cou see this not selling too well

No way..these will sell out very soon after the radio ads etc commence

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Scissor sisters??
    I knew quite a few people goin to that gig last year, and all of them were planning on leaving for the chilli $hitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

how big are kings of leon?

Last concert tickets were going for €100+ outside. They are brilliant live saw them in teh olympia and TBMC.

I can see a few more bands being added to the list. But it is on a tuesday so if it is all-dayer people will have to take time off work.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

pixies not sell out, clownshoes - did you enjoy kylie???

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

The only reason I went to the Phoenix Park last year was because of the Pixies, I duly left after they finished!

KOL are tremendous live, saw them in TBMC last year as well, great show it was. But Im not sure I see many more acts being added. Maybe one more, but I wouldnt be too disappointed if they didnt. 2 good long sets by both acts would satisfy me.

On the discussion on weather it will sell out, I cant be sure. At the very least, I reckon the standing tickets will go pretty damn quick, but not sure it will be a complete sell out, very close though.

And this is always good to see! - Bud Rising Presents: Pixies & Kings of Leon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Kings of Leon was great at Witnness two years ago, and awful at Oxegen last year. Guess I could give 'em another go.

As for the gig, I doubt it would sell out. Lansdowne is pretty big.

Advertisement