Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GF trouble

Options
  • 25-03-2015 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Today I got a bad shock; my girlfriend wants, in her words 'time to think'. She kept trying to reassure me, telling me that I shouldn't panic, that she's doing what's best for us right now, that she just needs to consider her commitments at the moment and doesn't think we should interact for two weeks, and that I should take time to consider if this is what I want. Understandably I was shocked and confused, didn't know what to say, and unfortunately things got heated. She'd been saying that because of her work we've not spent time together, that she's questioning if she's ready for a relationship (we've been together for over two years) and that she didn't have the time for us right now - I replied that she did, but she didn't seem like she wanted to spend it with me. I had only really asked for an hour in the week to meet up - for lunch - maybe the odd weekend, but work always became an issue. I'd questioned her on this before, she'd apologize and we'd been making steady progress. Then out of nowhere, this. I know it looks bad, it feels bad, I want to believe her when she told me that her loving me hasn't changed. It's just making me feel like things are only going to get worse - or end - from here on out. We're set to talk about it, but I feel awful, I do love her and I want us to work, but it feels like she just doesn't want this anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'm sorry but it does sound like she's trying to let you down gently. As hard as its going to be you're just going to have to respect her decision op.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I respect her decision, I'm not proud of how I acted, but it was so sudden that it really made me confused and I don't handle confusion well - it didn't help that she then said that she wanted me to be happy and to think things over too, and we'd see where we were going with this. She admitted that the way she said it made it sound awful, that it was just something she thought would be good for the two of us. I guess I'm more put off by how out of the blue it was, I understand she had to get it out in the open, there's no 'right' way to do something like this, or even suggest it, but her way wasn't straightforward and it caused more harm than good.

Hi

My sisters partner did this recently and asked for a month but only lasted a week. She really did just want time to sort out her head and her feelings.

So I wouldnt jump the gun just yet. Give her the time and take the time yourself, assess what you want and hopefully after the two weeks you can both move forward together.

Op Here again.

I'm just confused. I got all sorts of mixed signals and I can't understand what's going on anymore, I've given her her space, it just kind of feels like she could have broken the news more directly to me, without all the other stuff surrounding it. If she felt that unhappy with the situation and told me outright I'd be completely ok with her taking her time, but she wasn't clear and it was really jarring.

Advertisement