Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foundation??

• 22-03-2015 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I have EXTREMELY SENSITIVE skin. I can't wear most moisturisers. I also have typical pale Irish skin. Some freckles (I hate!!) and red cheeks!!
    So, I use mac concealer (which is the best invention ever) as it covers the red.
    Problem is, I can't get a foundation with good coverage that covers a few blemishes and lasts more than a few hours.
    I have tried boots, Revlon, Rimmel, Mac, bobbin brown, Chanel and few other foundations but none give good coverage and stay on. ANY ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

I don't know if it can be got in Ireland but the Kat Von D lock it tattoo foundation is supposed to be supreme coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BrowmThomas

Thanks Wobbly_Legs. I will Google it, hadn't heard of it so will definitely take a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Pretty much impossible to buy that here unfortunately and the shades are slightly different so you'd need to be matched up to it.

Have you ever tried Boujour healthy mix?

Ok.
    No, I havn't tried that - I'll try anything at this stage. Will go to Dundrum at the weekend and look for some. Thanks :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Maybe try Estée lauder double wear, I find that it gives good coverage, you could get a sample to see how you find it

• Advertisement

Thanks, will do :-) I always hate asking for samples!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Vichy Dermablend gives good coverage too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I don't think Double Wear will be good for you if you've sensitive skin but the coverage is UNREAL. Get a sample and try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭zoeybelle

Vichy Dermablend is great for red cheeks/blemishes covers everything! Only downsides are the lightest shade is still a bit dark if your as pale as I am but it can be mixed with moisturiser/lighter foundation to tone down the colour and it works fine. Also it might be just me but it can feel very heavy on the skin if your used of not wearing any foundation BUT it stays put all day and gives brilliant coverage (and ive tried the other suggestions except kat von d which ive heard is brilliant) so it'd be worth a try. I have the same problem as you and this is the only thing thats works and ive tried nearly everything from green primers to yellow concealers to every foundation from cheap to luxury.

Thanks SO much for those girls, really appreciate ye taking the time to reply. I will definitely try those :-)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

Another vote for Double Wear, it's been my go to foundation for years (I'll admit it took me a while to get the shade right, I was the wrong side of orange at one stage!)

That said, I've recently started using the new L'Oreal Infallible Matte and I *love* it - coverage is just below ELDW but the texture is amazing, so so light and blends really well.

My skin is very easily irritated but I've been getting on grand with it. The Avene Thermal water spray is fantastic for calming irritated skin, actually any of the Avene products are worth a try for keeping your skin calm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

NicsM wrote: »
    Another vote for Double Wear, it's been my go to foundation for years (I'll admit it took me a while to get the shade right, I was the wrong side of orange at one stage!)

That said, I've recently started using the new L'Oreal Infallible Matte and I *love* it - coverage is just below ELDW but the texture is amazing, so so light and blends really well.

My skin is very easily irritated but I've been getting on grand with it. The Avene Thermal water spray is fantastic for calming irritated skin, actually any of the Avene products are worth a try for keeping your skin calm :)

Some good recommendations, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Laura Mercier silk crème foundation. Only sold in BTs or Harvey Nicks. Don't guess your colour, go to the counter and talk to them. That foundation is amazing & many times I have blessed it for stay power & coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Another vote for Double Wear and the new L'Oreal foundation here. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Yet another vote for DoubleWear here.

I'm pale too and I spent years trying out different foundations trying to find a match for my skin, but even the palest ("Ivory/Porcelain") shades were always too orange for me.

I'd almost given up before I eventually got talking to an Estee Lauder consultant at the counter in Boots.

She recommended DoubleWear and applied two different shades to the back of my hands; "Shell" and "Bone".
    She rubbed them both in and we both saw that "Shell" was the perfect match for me.

She gave me a free sample to take home. I didn't think I'd splash out the €34 for it at the time but after using the sample, I was convinced.
    It was flawless, gave me super-smooth skin and matched my skin tone perfectly.

Well worth the money, OP, but you could also ask for DoubleWear Light if you think the original is too heavy.

The trick with DoubleWear is not to use too much. This is where most people go wrong; you only need a bit for full coverage.

Thanks to you all for the advice. Really appreciate it - nice to know I'm not the only one :-)
    Looking forward to the shopping trip now :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I also have pale and very sensitive skin with lots of redness. I've found Illamasqua Skin Base really good for covering the redness well and it also doesn't cause my skin to react. The shade 02 is the palest shade of foundation I've ever found (the skin on my neck is extremely pale so I match my foundation to that rather than my red face :p). It lasts well and has good coverage. Only problem is that Illamasqua just have a counter in the Debenhams up in Belfast. You could get a sample if you were up there, and then buy it on debenhams.ie. It's awkward sadly, but it really is the best foundation I've found.

Thanks for that - I have a friend living in Belfast.....I just might make a call :-)

Advertisement