Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the difference between a cheap and expensive moisturiser?

• 22-03-2015 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

One can got 2 for E1.49 in Dealz, or one could pay E50 for Lancome, is the E1.49 option ok? for the record struggling a bit with Eczema and my GP advised I don't go for a cheap option, but curious regardless :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Something in between would be good I'd say! Eucirin is meant to be brilliant for excema, could be worth a try?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I usually have no problem when cheap skin care and in most cases for some things it can be just as good as the expensive option but do you really think that two for 1.49 is going to be good? That's around 1.20 give or take a few cent without vat and then you have the shops profit the cost of ingredients is going to be extremely cheap and bad quality.

I'd recommend you go to boots and look at cheap brands like eucerin etc. You could also ask for a sample of a few expensive moisturisers at a few different counters in Brown Thomas if you want to try them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭fits

Marketing is a lot of the difference. Im a big believer in the mid range brands that cater for skin problems such as aveeno, eucerin, la roche posay, vichy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I think if you've got ezcema then you need to be aware of ingredients of moisturisers. I've sensitive rosacea skin so anything with essential oils or perfumes are a big no no. That would rule out a lot of high end or luxe brands.

I agree that the mid range brands seem to be very good for problem skin as they have lines specifically for those problems. Also if one does cause a reaction then you haven't wasted silly amounts of money on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I've switched from Nivea to Aldi's Q10 moisturiser and I am so impressed by it.
    It cost €2.99 and in the month I've been using it, my skin's really smooth.
    It also creates a lovely base for make-up, too, which is a bonus.
    I've also been using the night-time Q10 cream too.
    So far, so good :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

Glad to hear of your success Fussyonion :) Unfortunately do not encounter any Aldi on my normal 'track' :) Boredlad, point taken, regarding Dealz, but are a lot of the basic ingredients not cheap and basic ? it's Orisis Avise , not exactly this but similar http://www.amazon.co.uk/OSIRIS-BB-PERFECTOR-MOISTURISER-FOUNDATION/dp/B003ZTFFKS For the record my GP said it's dermatitis, prescribed me Hydrocortisyl, it's very slowly working. The laser clinic would not treat me with this (on my hands ) obviously. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy mid or slightly above mid range creams, just some weeks are tighter than others, and any port in a storm eh :)

Advertisement